Some info about this cameras for a commercial local

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, i need for the husband of my sister some cameras (for outdoor and indoor), i had thought this two camera for outdoor, i bought one year ago the second one in bullet version and it is a good camera)

2019 nuovo Modello di Smart HDBW5442R ASE NI 4MP Pro AI Full color Fissa focale Telecamera di Rete a Cupola, trasporto libero del DHL|Telecamere di sorveglianza| - AliExpress
and
2019 nuovo Arrivo Macchina Fotografica del IP di IPC T5442TM AS 4MP Starlight + WDR IR Bulbo Oculare AI Telecamera di Rete, trasporto libero del DHL|Telecamere di sorveglianza| - AliExpress

well i need at least a 4MP 2.8/3.6mm camera with color and Infrared for the night (like the second), the first one is interesting because it got IK10, but i don't understand if it have the Infrared sensor, i can't find the camera on d4hua website in any way.

For INDOOR, i thought about this one, it got IR and IK10 too :

2020 nuovo Arriveing IPC E3541F AS M 5MP Starlight Lite AI IR Telecamera di Rete a Cupola focale Fissa, trasporto libero del DHL|Telecamere di sorveglianza| - AliExpress

but he could choose also :

Nuovo Modello IPC T2431TM AS S2 4MP Starlight WDR IR Bulbo Oculare Telecamera di Rete, trasporto libero del DHL|Telecamere di sorveglianza| - AliExpress

It depends on how much he want to spend.

What do you think about this cameras??They are good for a commercial local?
And please, can you tell me if the first one have also IR or it just at color in the night?? Otherwise can you recommend me a 4MP camera with IP67, IK10, color and IR for the night??

Thank you so much :)

Reaction score
The HDBW5442R-ASE-NI does not have IR.
The T5442TM-AS is a great cam. It also comes in a varifocal version. Nuovo Modello IPC T5442T ZE 4MP Starlight IR Vari focale Bulbo Oculare di Rete Della Macchina Fotografica, trasporto libero del DHL|Telecamere di sorveglianza| - AliExpress

I would recommend any of the 5442 series cams. I have the T5442 in 2.8 and 6mm and the varifocal being used outdoors. All great cams.

I have the T2431TM-AS-S2 inside my garage. It is ok for that use. Realize that the mounting ring is plastic, not metal.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The HDBW5442R-ASE-NI does not have IR.
The T5442TM-AS is a great cam. It also comes in a varifocal version. Nuovo Modello IPC T5442T ZE 4MP Starlight IR Vari focale Bulbo Oculare di Rete Della Macchina Fotografica, trasporto libero del DHL|Telecamere di sorveglianza| - AliExpress

I would recommend any of the 5442 series cams. I have the T5442 in 2.8 and 6mm and the varifocal being used outdoors. All great cams.

I have the T2431TM-AS-S2 inside my garage. It is ok for that use. Realize that the mounting ring is plastic, not metal.
Thank you for your reply, i never used a varifocal, so i would like to ask you if is it possible to set up the camera with the face detection so when it found a face it can zoom-in to the face ?
Anyway The T5442TM-AS isn't IK10, can you recommend me an IK10 with color and IR in the night? I need them for outdoor. Anyway yes, the 5442TM-AS is a good model, ihave the bullet one and it is made all in metal, in other words, it doesn't seem a toy ehehehhe.

The T2431TM-AS-S2 are for indoor use, i think they are enough for this use, also with the ring is plastic. Do you recommend another model for a tattoo local, something with metal ring?

Thank you again.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, i never used a varifocal, so i would like to ask you if is it possible to set up the camera with the face detection so when it found a face it can zoom-in to the face ?
Anyway The T5442TM-AS isn't IK10, can you recommend me an IK10 with color and IR in the night? I need them for outdoor. Anyway yes, the 5442TM-AS is a good model, ihave the bullet one and it is made all in metal, in other words, it doesn't seem a toy ehehehhe.

The T2431TM-AS-S2 are for indoor use, i think they are enough for this use, also with the ring is plastic. Do you recommend another model for a tattoo local, something with metal ring?

Thank you again.
The varifocal is a set it and forget it - you would need a PTZ to see a face and then zoom in.

Reaction score
^^^what wittaj said.

I have never worried about IK ratings. Just about any turret will be fine.

The nice thing about a varifocal is that unlike a fixed lens cam (2.8, 3.6, or 6mm), you can set the focal length manually for the field of view you want and then just leave it there. Whereas with those fixed focal length cams, you need to know what lens will give you the proper FOV prior to buying it. And if you need something more than the 6mm, there is no choice for you.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
^^^what wittaj said.

I have never worried about IK ratings. Just about any turret will be fine.

The nice thing about a varifocal is that unlike a fixed lens cam (2.8, 3.6, or 6mm), you can set the focal length manually for the field of view you want and then just leave it there. Whereas with those fixed focal length cams, you need to know what lens will give you the proper FOV prior to buying it. And if you need something more than the 6mm, there is no choice for you.
I think that cameras with IK ratings have a better resistance and materials?!?