Some newbie questions

tormund

n3wb
Reaction score
Have a few questions I can't seem to find an answer to.
  1. Is there a way to make it so the video doesn't play when I when I click the replay button? It auto-plays when I click replay. I tried changing a setting (other>automatically begin playback) but it didn't seem to do anything
  2. When I am replaying a single camera, I often get stuck not being able to go back further than 2 hours. Like I keep clicking a time before the clip started on the timeline, and nothing happens. The slideball goes to the very left at beginning of the clip, but the blue line on the timeline stays stuck and won't go back any further. I have to go back to the all camera replay view timeline. Click the time I want before the clip. Then dive back in to the single camera view.

Last edited:

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you post some screenshots please?

1, The “Record” tab from the camera.

2, The “Clips and archiving” tab from main settings – One with “New” selected and one with “Stored” selected.

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I suspected that your record cut time was going to be 2 hours, I also find if I just drag back n forth on the timeline that it gets stuck at the point my clips cut from one to the next. If you double-click the timeline somewhere before the cut (previous clip) will it play ok but then also get stuck in that one if you drag back n forth?

tormund

n3wb
Reaction score
I suspected that your record cut time was going to be 2 hours, I also find if I just drag back n forth on the timeline that it gets stuck at the point my clips cut from one to the next. If you double-click the timeline somewhere before the cut (previous clip) will it play ok but then also get stuck in that one if you drag back n forth?
If I am looking at one camera only in replay, it's impossible to go outside the 2 hour clip. I have to escape back to my 7 camera view, then on the timeline it will let me jump to where I want to. Then I have to dive back in to the single camera view.

Reaction score
Hi tormund,

You should employ @SouthernYankee's allocation philosophy here: Storage configuration

In short, don't write files (New) to c: and then move to Stored on e:
Rather, write New directly to e: and uncheck clip age, then set the drive size appropriately to delete the oldest first to make room for new, and don't use Stored at all.