Some of my Dahua camera's IVS only detects people and vehicles

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'd like to also use IVS for triggering for animals. Anyone else noticed this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. We are not the target audience so they have focused it around people and vehicles.

You need to either use BI AI or if it is a 5442 camera use an older firmware

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Seems 'hit or miss' for what cameras can have AI disabled for IVS rules.

This is a SD1A404XB-GNR from EmpiretecAndy, within my NVR's settings I can deselect 'AI recognition' and it would do any moving object going past the line.
1690705011583.png

My NVR5x-I also has this option when using it's in-built AI on generic cameras.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
within my NVR's settings I can deselect 'AI recognition' and it would do any moving object going past the line.
Have you verified this, or are just assuming it does what it says? As far as I know, all of the cameras with human/vehicle detection let you turn it off, and they still trigger on only humans and vehicles. Turning off the human/vehicle detection does nothing.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
My cat's in the yard all the time and never triggers it. But the one thing that does regularly are very dark colored birds like starlings, fish crows, etc. I get those all the time.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Its hit and miss for me. Of the 15 cameras I actuvely watch and 23 more at buddy’s farm (mostly 5442's) only 2 of the 5442s seem to see cats every once in while. Some of the older 5231 and 2231s tend to alert on critters more frequently

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
My cat is always triggering AI
View attachment 168932
You can easily see why there. With no chicken model and from that angle, the white bird when viewed along it's length, looks very much like the sleek body of a cat. I'm not sure that false is preventable as even with a chicken model, confidence on cat would be high and anything set high enough to rule it out, even if it could from that angle, would result in a lot of missed detections.

Unfortunately for the OP if neither camera nor NVR have anymore options for IVS recognition, it might just be a limitation of using the NVR. The only way I can think around that would be to ditch the NVR for a BI PC and DS or CPAI.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Which model(s)?
T5442TM-AS intrusion picks up the Magpies and Willy wagtail that visit my front yard almost daily (and the occasional cat).
HDW3549HP-AS-PV picks up cats on the tripwire as they make their way down the side of my house.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
You can easily see why there. With no chicken model and from that angle, the white bird when viewed along it's length, looks very much like the sleek body of a cat. I'm not sure that false is preventable as even with a chicken model, confidence on cat would be high and anything set high enough to rule it out, even if it could from that angle, would result in a lot of missed detections.

Unfortunately for the OP if neither camera nor NVR have anymore options for IVS recognition, it might just be a limitation of using the NVR. The only way I can think around that would be to ditch the NVR for a BI PC and DS or CPAI.
lol Absolutely. Im using deep stack and i am sure its a outdated file. I haven't had much time to update or tweek my settings and some day will try out project AI.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you verified this, or are just assuming it does what it says? As far as I know, all of the cameras with human/vehicle detection let you turn it off, and they still trigger on only humans and vehicles. Turning off the human/vehicle detection does nothing.
I used a camera inside a birdhouse for a few years and had these un-ticked so it triggered on a bird.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
If the firmware was a few years old that could explain the bird triggering it. I'm running ancient firmware on 5442s to pick up animals. Newer firmware won't do it, except for occasional animals that the firmware decides are people or vehicles..