some people just shouldn't be driving...

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought for sure she was going to hit the car behind her as she was backing up. You got a good shot of her license plate.

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Was that the only place to turn around on the whole fricking road? Another lazy mindless numbskull.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
The video is from a Lorex 8 MP bullet (Dahua OEM, i think) . The stills are from a Dahua 1831 bullet (zoomed in for the snapshot, full view attached)
a good deal of light in the area as we still have our holiday lights on the house and tree in front...

Right, there were plenty of other easier places to turn around further down the block. Turns out it was friend of our neighbor's across the street coming to pick up her son.
When I mentioned it to my neighbor, she said "Oh, Lisa has some problems with her eyesight". I didn't say so, but my thought was "then why the f**k is she driving?!"

A replacement $40 planter is on the way from Amazon and I plan to put a TALLER plant in there. Assembly, staining and lining with plastic sheet does take some time & effort...
And maybe I'm just asking for it putting stuff that close to the street, so we'll see how it goes long-term...

Attachments

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Remind you of someone?

Mrs. Magoo has some serious depth perception problems and shouldn't be driving, or at least get new glasses.
She pulls over, too close to the driveway, pulls forward, but she's still a few feet away from the curb. Totally clueless.
Did she at least leave a note with you or tell her neighbor about it to fess up or was it a hit and run?

Who's the woman with backpack that later nicks your planter box wood and why? For firewood?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
hit & run. no note. my neighbor didn't mention if she had fessed up to her.
prolly not, and even a blind driver would have known she hit something...
i thought about filing a police report, but decided not to, given it's the friend of a neighbor.
just a little public shaming here... :)

and yeah, someone else took the busted bits of wood for whatever reason. we get quite a few "travellers" passing thru.
i was a bit annoyed about that, but probably could not have rebuilt the box from what was left. At least the rosemary bush was salvaged.

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You should burn the videos to DVD. Gift wrap the DVD and enclose an invoice for the damage done and have your neighbor forward them to her friend.