Some Questions

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am using a cheap chinese DVR, i have monitoring screen open in IE. At the moment, to watch it on BI i have it open in full screen and BI set to "screencast" works well apart from not being able to use the PC.

I am thinking of installing BI on a laptop and have screencast enabled. Is there anyway to import a stream for another BI installation, into my main one? Basically so i can watch whatever is happening on the laptop, as a camera on my main installation?

Also, in BI there is an option in add camera for "Broadcast for Client App" what is this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am using a cheap chinese DVR, i have monitoring screen open in IE. At the moment, to watch it on BI i have it open in full screen and BI set to "screencast" works well apart from not being able to use the PC.

I am thinking of installing BI on a laptop and have screencast enabled. Is there anyway to import a stream for another BI installation, into my main one? Basically so i can watch whatever is happening on the laptop, as a camera on my main installation?

Also, in BI there is an option in add camera for "Broadcast for Client App" what is this?
You should be able to stream your DVR directly to blue iris..what is the make and model?

Broadcast from client allows you to send video from camera on your phone via the mobile app to blue iris, only works with ios...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
First try both of the cctv discover options from the blue iris dropdown, all login info is correct...
If that doesnt work, you can manually try one of these streams http://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=cctv+Discover
Download ipcamviewer by robert chou on your phone (android or ios)..there is a scan function and it can find other compatible dvr's that may be on the blue iris dropdown list...
Finally, if that doesnt work, you can email support and give ken access to the dvr so he can figure the stream out..

Reaction score
Yep, it's working well. Had to alter the framerate to stop the green pcture. But it's working well. Many thanks :)