Some recent experience from a relative newbie regarding Dahua, Uniview and Hikvision installs.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Had a couple of years installation of installing Dahua I.P. cams with their midgrade NVR's. As expected some quirks but generally good value and workable. Recently installed a 4 Cam 4meg Hikvision system which included a Hik POE NVR. Two weeks ago setup a recent 5meg Uniview I.P. bullet style cam with other mixed branded cameras using Blue Iris. Have not tried but would like some feedback on those who have installed / use entry and midgrade Uniview I.P. camera.

In my limited experience found the Dahua cams are good but found their turret / eyeball recent cams are a pain to affix their bracket once lined up in desired position. Their NVR options are more varied, offer more features for the money making them a better value. Hikvion cams are solid and easier to affix bracket as long as it's aligned proper. The Hikvsion NVR features are lacking and NVR options are fewer. Uniview camera quality appears also V.G. was easy to connect to P.O.E. and Blue Iris. Unv software functions and is not overly complicated as I found with the Hikvision. From my biased short term experience I would lean towards the ease, value and option of Dahua over H.V. but found the Uniview also easy to setup but have not used their NVR's. Welcome feedback on those who have worked with Uniview cams and Unv NVR's

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, never have much liked the way the Dahua turrets attach to the base either. Always have to fiddle with it to get that hood on there right. Sometimes it seems like it just doesn't want to go on.

Hikvision's way with the one screw under the doughnut-like cover that snaps on is easier.