Some recording questions with Dahua NVR and cameras

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I'm trying to figure out how to set up this NVR for recording with IVS using tripwire. There seems to be a lot going on here and want to make sure I’m setting this up right. Also having trouble figuring stuff out.

- So what is the right setting I want for my cameras under code stream type in the encode tab under cameras? My options are continuous, MD or Alarm. Also can I have my NVR record motion/IVS tripwire without recording continuous? Or is a NVR supposed to record continuously?

- Also noticing under Smart Plan I need to have on IVS to show any of the tripwire IVS rules on my screen but it looks like it only tracks the face?

- How can I delete recordings if possible?
- What app is everyone using to access their NVR from outside of their home network?

My current set up is two IPC-HFW4231BP-AS cameras and a Dahua NVR4108-8P-4KS2

Sorry for the random questions

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I'm trying to figure out how to set up this NVR for recording with IVS using tripwire. There seems to be a lot going on here and want to make sure I’m setting this up right. Also having trouble figuring stuff out.

- So what is the right setting I want for my cameras under code stream type in the encode tab under cameras? My options are continuous, MD or Alarm. Also can I have my NVR record motion/IVS tripwire without recording continuous? Or is a NVR supposed to record continuously?

- Also noticing under Smart Plan I need to have on IVS to show any of the tripwire IVS rules on my screen but it looks like it only tracks the face?

- How can I delete recordings if possible?
- What app is everyone using to access their NVR from outside of their home network?

My current set up is two IPC-HFW4231BP-AS cameras and a Dahua NVR4108-8P-4KS2

Sorry for the random questions
-Code stream is the stream the camera sends to the NVR the WebUI or your mobile app. Here you choose the quality etc. MD and Alarm is only if you want different fps and so on for the events like MD or Alarm instead of normal (continuous)
Yes, you could only record events like MD, IVS or Alarms. With continuous recording you might see more before the event occurred, or after the event, which gives you more usable footage.

-You need to select the IVS. You have to choose between Face detect or IVS, the CPU of the cam could give you only one of those functions.

-Normally there's no need to delete the footage. You could set the recording to overwrite when disk is full.

-Personally I use iDMSS and iDMSS HD on my Apple devices. There's also a gDMSS for Android. I don't let my cameras talk to the internet directly and use a VPN tunnel to access the cams remotely via the apps.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
-Code stream is the stream the camera sends to the NVR the WebUI or your mobile app. Here you choose the quality etc. MD and Alarm is only if you want different fps and so on for the events like MD or Alarm instead of normal (continuous)
Yes, you could only record events like MD, IVS or Alarms. With continuous recording you might see more before the event occurred, or after the event, which gives you more usable footage.

-You need to select the IVS. You have to choose between Face detect or IVS, the CPU of the cam could give you only one of those functions.

-Normally there's no need to delete the footage. You could set the recording to overwrite when disk is full.

-Personally I use iDMSS and iDMSS HD on my Apple devices. There's also a gDMSS for Android. I don't let my cameras talk to the internet directly and use a VPN tunnel to access the cams remotely via the apps.
Thanks for the info.