Someone Please Help Me Get My Ptz Cameras setup on my Dvr. I'll even PAY!!!

Reaction score
Ive had my dvr system for about a year now. All of the 8 channels currently have cameras wired to the back of the dvr with bnc connectors. I ve got 4 other cameras that are ptz, but i cant get my drv to find any of them. There are a few pages in my dvr for ip cams, i just cant get anything to work. one of the dvrs ive got is a Sannce DM81Z1T. (thats the one with the ipcam setup pages)...I also have another system but i have not seen any ipsetup pages in it. It is a Zosi, but i cant find a model number sticker on it...I dont know anything at all about LAN, or port forwarding, or poe, or anything about these kind of cameras. Ive got a network cat6 cable wire hooked to the camera, that plugs directly into my comcast modem/router just like my dvr does. so shouldnt they be able to communicate with each other since they are both plugged into the modem/router? Someone please walk me through this and tell me what im doing wrong. I bet ive spent 15 or more hours staring at this screen trying different stuff to get it to work. Nothing. I cant afford to spend much more time on it. because every minute i sit here doing this, is time that i should be spending making money...
I have a few different cams that id live to be able to view/control from my dvr.
1. Axis model: P5512
2. Smartvue model: S9C1
3. Brand unknown, Model Num ..RC8230D
4. Insteion model: 75790/75790WH
All of these cameras were bought used. except fof the insteion one . I bought it new.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
As far as I can understand you have a full Dvr and you're trying to get ptz cameras to show up on that Dvr, which is is already full with analog cameras. Not only isn't there room to include another video feed, but unless the Dvr is a hybrid which accepts analog and ip cameras and you have more than eight channels available, you're not gonna get this to work. That's your first stumbling block. You need a network video recorder - NVR, for starters.

Reaction score
yes, at the moment there are 8 cameras wired to the back of my dvr. But ive got no problem with doing away with 4 of them. My dvr does have a setting to display either 8 analog cams, 4 analog & 4 digital (IP) or 8 digital (ip) . So i need to unplug 4 of them? Shouldt my dvr at least show that the ip cams are even there? like on the page that you go to and hit "scan" to scan for the ip cams>?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't know about ur DVR, but most hybrids require you to disable an analog channel before you can add and IP camera. Also, you can try to plug your IP PTZ's into ur network and install an IP scanner on ur PC and make sure they are even on your same network.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also, you said the cameras are plugged into your router? I am sure your router is not POE. How are you powering these PTZ's?

Reaction score
2 of the 3 ptz cameras that ive got have power chords with them. they just plug into wall. The 3rd (axis 5512) is a poe camera, and ive not even tried to hook it up because i dont have a poe switch. Ive read that i could make one, but ive not tried yet. The other 2 cameras that ive got i can veiw them on my computer here by putting there ip adress in the adress bar. I just cant get my dvr to find them..im sure there is a port that needs something, or a network setup or hhtp or protocol or some other computer type term that needs to be done before my dvr can find them..i just dont know what to do..

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As I mentioned before, with other hybrid DVR's, I have to disable an analog channel in order to add an IP camera. Have you looked into that?

Reaction score
Yes, when i change the channels from 8 analog to 4 analog and 4 digital, It does it for me. No matter if there is cameras physcially plugged into the dve on channels 5-8 or whatever, it wont play them anymore. . 5-8 are the channels setup for digital..Ive still been trying numerous things, and Ive found out that the system is kinda communicating with one of the ip cams ..If i change the protocol from NETIP to 'ONVIV' It will change on the screen from saying "not conf" to saying 'wrong username or password" ive tried every combination of 'admin' and 'password' and leaving them blank, no luck. If i pull the power chord from the cam while it says wrong username and or password on the screen, that changes to "offline" ,.., so i know that its kinda communicating with the camera...

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You mentioned you can view the PTZ if you enter the IP in your browser. When you do that, what username and password do you use? That's what you have to enter in the dvr

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
It's doubtful you'll see the user name and password unencrypted anywhere. The used cameras are all but sunk if you don't have a user name and password- if that's the stumbling block. You could try a hard reset of the cameras which might bring back an admin/admin type thing but even that's a guess- but you probably have nothing to lose trying. You could also try editing the username and password to your own choosing in the menus if you can see them elsewhere besides the dvr. For PTZ's, getting to menus is typically a preset such as 95 or 24 for some. The new camera you have should n't be an issue right? That one should have a manual with password, no? Try that one and see.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Shock, he has mentioned they are all IP PTZ's so most likely the preset 95 is not going to work. He needs to access the web interface and figure out the username and password. There's a chance if he does know what it is and it's very long, the dvr might need it shorter.

Reaction score
I can change them from admin/password to anything that i want to correct? Ive seen the option, have just never done it because it just seemed quicker by leaving it alone.. im gonna try it in a few

Reaction score
OMG! Someone that can help please give me a call before i pull my freekin hair out. Im so tired of getting nowhere with this. 706-93six-38nine0

Reaction score
Okay, so no one has called.. :( I figured that would be much quicker than typing all this, then waiting several hours for someone to reply..a quick phone call, i can tell someone exactly what the screen says, and what ive done, and hopefully you could tell me what im doing wrong.. Anyone can call at any time, day..night..early morning...late night...I dont care. If i miss your call, send me a text saying who you are and ill gladly call back. Im loosing my patience with this stuff..lol..getting ready to throw it all in the dumpster out back. lol. I was able to change the names and passwords on a couple of the cameras, and it still will not let me view it on my dvr...depending in if i change the "protocal" from to NETIP to ONVIF (which i have no idea what either one of those mean) , the camera status shows either "offline" or "wrong username or password. And thats with me putting in the camera info manually... Ive not been able to get the dvr to find the cameras at all by pressing the search button......HELP!!!!!!!!!