Something better than IPC-HFW8232E-Z?

Justintoxicated

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'll give that a read for sure thanks!

Everyone was saying I should upgrade to the 5442 because it has a larger sensor but the camera I have now uses the same size sensor 1/1.8" . It might even have better low light performance, but I don't understand the datasheet. 0.002Lux/F1.53 (Color,1/3s,30IRE) 0.01Lux/F1.53 (Color,1/30s,30IRE) 0Lux/F1.53(IR on) The difference is that it is 2MP instead of 4 and less features (but it zooms AND has good low light performance).

So while the 5442 without zoom would be an upgrade, I might have to step up to the 7442 :p Too bad it comes with an integrated junction box, because I already have a junction box permanently mounted. Maybe there is a way to attach it to the existing box instead so I don't have to attempt removing stucco screws?

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The difference is that it is 2MP instead of 4 and less features (but it zooms AND has good low light performance).
Exactly, IPC-HFW8232E-Z is superb and hard to replace with something better but the new 1/1.8" sensor is very good. You'll have same low light performance but double amount of pixels which means much more details.
From 2MP to 4MP it's a "wow", 4MP to 8MP is only a little bit better but overwhelms NVR or BI machine easily, because of the data rate, especially when you want more than the usual 15 fps. I run my 5842 at 3072x1728 (=5,3 MP).

Maybe there is a way to attach it to the existing box instead so I don't have to attempt removing stucco screws?
This will need some handicraft work:

Justintoxicated

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Exactly, IPC-HFW8232E-Z is superb and hard to replace with something better but the new 1/1.8" sensor is very good. You'll have same low light performance but double amount of pixels which means much more details.
From 2MP to 4MP it's a "wow", 4MP to 8MP is only a little bit better but overwhelms NVR or BI machine easily, because of the data rate, especially when you want more than the usual 15 fps. I run my 5842 at 3072x1728 (=5,3 MP).

This will need some handicraft work:
maybe I could just mount that to the existing box, have double boxes? heh. I'm currently using PFA121 boxes on the front of the house.

dex90

n3wb
Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you are interested in International Dahua cameras, a forum member sells dahua (and some Hikvision) and ships world wide. You can read some of the members recommendations on his service. He also provides cameras to other forum member for evaluation and reviews.
You can email him for a quote, or purchase from his Aliexpress store or his Amazon store. The cameras are fully upgradable, he posts upgrade software when available.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you tag this member or psot his username? I am very close to buying my first test camera and am interested in international version, delivery to EU. Bonus points if he also sends from within EU but I'll buy from China too if needed. Thanks.

Oh, were you talking about Andy? I think I found the right aliexpress then: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress No shipping options from EU warehouse?

Last edited: