Sony SNC-VM772R BI Returns No Signal

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've tried every Generic and Sony Camera options. I even changed the URL to rtsp:/x.x.x.x/profile?token=media_profile1 that I extracted from ONVIF device manager that also displays the stream. No luck. The same URL I posted here will pull up the stream inside of VLC on my mac also. Curious if anyone else has worked with this camera and or has any idea's. I'm running the latest BI and firmware for the camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried every Generic and Sony Camera options. I even changed the URL to rtsp:/x.x.x.x/profile?token=media_profile1 that I extracted from ONVIF device manager that also displays the stream. No luck. The same URL I posted here will pull up the stream inside of VLC on my mac also. Curious if anyone else has worked with this camera and or has any idea's. I'm running the latest BI and firmware for the camera.
Try disabling hardware acceleration. If that doesnt work @tech101 has a modern sony camera that he got working with BI.

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't run acceleration at all. Never could get my DL380P Server to recognize my Nvidia card and I didn't feel like spending 2k on a GRID that I wasn't sure would work. Thanks for the reference for someone else who got a modern sony working. I'll see if he can throw out any pointers.

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Already made some serious strides. Thanks @fenderman for the reference. I had search for my model with no posts but didn't think about searching just sony. I'm hitting periodic No Video glitches but to be honest. I also just installed a Sophos XG135 Gateway and am in the middle of rebuilding all my vlan's and QOS rules so it may be banging into some of those rules.

Thanks again hopefully I'll get it all ironed out in the next couple days. Once i get it up and going I'll post some video. Still trying to decide where i wanna put it. Hadn't planned on buying it but I'm always looking on ebay for deals and couldn't pass it up for the price. I've also purchase an Axis PTZ 4k Q6128-E on ebay for $200 that had a bad servo motor that I replaced for $10 that i need to install.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi there, Hope this helps I do not have your camera model But I have another Sony Model. These are the settings which worked for me.
1590155804538.png

HA is set to NVIDIA.
Camera settings..

1590155843032.png

I set the bit-rate to 7000.

Hope this helps.

Also I have not try to play around to tweak it further. I might will do that once my camera is up on a mount.. But those settings atleast were perfect for my test phase .. that the camera was working fine with BI :D and

thanks to @fenderman and BlueIris (ken) and the support here for helping me figuring it out..

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi there, Hope this helps I do not have your camera model But I have another Sony Model. These are the settings which worked for me.
View attachment 62207

HA is set to NVIDIA.
Camera settings..

View attachment 62208

I set the bit-rate to 7000.

Hope this helps.

Also I have not try to play around to tweak it further. I might will do that once my camera is up on a mount.. But those settings atleast were perfect for my test phase .. that the camera was working fine with BI :D and

thanks to @fenderman and BlueIris (ken) and the support here for helping me figuring it out..
Thanks for sharing your current final settings.

Curious do you have an Nvidia card in your box or did Ken just have you set it to that to help with issues related to the stream's compatibility to BI? Since for whatever reason server's don't come with Intel QuickSync and HP is super picky on what GPU's it supports. I have all acceleration off. I've been kicking around the idea of building a NVR Server that uses maybe a I9 cpu or dual I9's and put in my Nvidia 1080 card. Then maybe boot off a pair of M.2 Mirrored drives and install 4 SSD's attached to a hardware raid card for maybe 48 hours of data and then offload to my ISCSI storage subsystem for longterm storage using BI's data archiving function as I do now.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
maybe boot off a pair of M.2 Mirrored drives and install 4 SSD's attach
No, the PC I tested this on does not have video card. It has Intel i7 4770k Processor. My PC that I am in the process of building now will have 3990x processor and Dual NVIDIA 2080 TI or 3080 (If those ever become a thing) I will be also curious to see how that will go once I build that pc.

But for now NO I do not have any nvdia card just the setting under HA. And camera bitrate set to 7000 kbps you can try bumping it up slowly and see what works the best for you I believe your camera is 20 mp vs mine 12.2 mp :)

Also try to drop it down to 15 fps for your camera.. settings

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm sure you've done your research but as I recall most NVIDIA cards can have only x amount of streams and each card is different. The GRID's and other Server level cards for sure have a much higher number of allowed streams but I'd wanna make sure they were supported before spending the money.

With some of the advanced image functions I'm running on camera its max FPS got dropped to 15fps. But 15fps is what I set my constant record stream at. I do like how BI added a 2nd stream function. This is exactly how I have my Aimetis farm setup for Work so we can record constantly at High resolution but only use low resolution streams for any of the motion / analytics.

Dream Camera's for my home setup would be what I set my brother in law up with. A Dozen Avigilon H4 Pro 7K's with a couple Axis Q87 thermal camera's for external perimeter.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So the build is purely just out of passion 3990x is no way efficient or good in running the BI setup/server vs going with intel and using quick sync. But I will be using the rig for other stuff. It be nice if I can also run BI on it But will see how it goes ..

If things goes side way I will just buy a 9900k or build a 10900k if absolutely needed. But it be a fun project..

Yes the 2nd stream function in BI is definitely nice. BI was already pretty perfect but Ken Keeps making it better and better.. Even with recent updates I love the overlay of motions how that comes now.. even in the iOS app.

Those 7k and Q87 looks serious cameras.

I have the Sony 35MM. I just went with it because of the Sensor Size for low lighting. Hope your camera works now with BI with those setup. :D Share some video if you get it up and running :D

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i am planing on buying sony snc-vm772r just for its intelligent cropping feature. wondering if it works well. also is there a newer model to it ?

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From the little I looked from Sony and the same or better resolution no. That said depending on your budget you could buy my dream camera's. Avigilon they have some 30mp 7k Camera's. They are just bad to the bone. Another company I have several camera's of is Axis. I use them for my PTZ's at work as well. Axis has some 20mp's as well. I just aquired an Axis Q6128 to replace my current axis PTZ that is going on the fritz. I think it took a lightening strike. I usually use a site like A1 Security Camera to search a super generic term like IP then use all the drop downs list options to filter against all camera's. To find something that meets my needs.

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you can afford a PTZ and have the place to put it. You can go lower on resolution since you have the optics to zoom in. As long as you get a camera with onboard analytics. I now all the Axis have it and I'd assume most other major brands due. With the Axis you can even purchase 3rd party apps to install onto the camera for enhanced functions. Some are even free from Axis. Each camera is different. As I don't think BlueIris has that. But in all fairness as cheap as BlueIris is compared to someone like Aimetis who does. There is no way they could afford to develop something like that as cheap as they sell the software for right now. It would be cool if sometime down the road they tried it out and up'd the price. But I'd want it to be something processed on the local machine not sent offsite.