Sorry, the file could not be found

clean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im getting the "Sorry, the file could not be found" message when trying to view alerts.

I have verified that my drives are ok, and have tried to make sure that all the file folders are setup correctly in terms of having the record folders set properly under the recording tabs for each camera. It still seems that the alerts don't have the correct path to the actual files?

I will post some screenshots of my settings, If someone would be kind enough to point out any issues/(or optimizations) they might see it would be greatly appreciated.

4 cameras
cpu 30-40% ram 1.20
core i5 4590 3.3 ghz 8gb ram
128gb ssd 4tb hdd

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you do a repair/rebuild after you jumped to 5.6.x.x? If not, do a repair/rebuild of the DB and that should fix it.

clean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you do a repair/rebuild after you jumped to 5.6.x.x? If not, do a repair/rebuild of the DB and that should fix it.

thanks, it changed something. now it says "sorry, there is no file to open" instead of "Sorry, the file could not be found" (about ready to take a hammer to it)

also some of the live feeds ( and I assume recorded files if i could find them) have this weird trail/glitch anomaly on moving objects ( i have included a screenshot of this)

is this acting like a bad storage drive? thanks again.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is strange. Will it open up new alerts created after you did the repair/rebuild?

Looks like you are not moving files to stored, so simply make that 0GB

That tearing you are seeing is usually a result of wifi cameras or hard-wired cameras going thru the router - do you have wifi cams or the cameras going thru the router (ie you are not running VLAN or Dual NIC)? If not that, then a graphics card issue or you are pushing the cameras too hard and the little processor in the camera cannot keep up.

clean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is strange. Will it open up new alerts created after you did the repair/rebuild?

Looks like you are not moving files to stored, so simply make that 0GB

That tearing you are seeing is usually a result of wifi cameras or hard-wired cameras going thru the router - do you have wifi cams or the cameras going thru the router (ie you are not running VLAN or Dual NIC)? If not that, then a graphics card issue or you are pushing the cameras too hard and the little processor in the camera cannot keep up.

opening new alerts after the DB rebuild is the same hit or mostly miss result.

if I make storage 0 where will the files go? new on C?

these are hardwired cameras that all connect to the POE injector, and then strait into the PC. the camera settings have not changed, and they never used to tear, but something is definitely not keeping up.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess try a reboot of the computer.

According to your setup screenshots, you are not moving files from NEW to STORED, so they all stay in NEW, which is what you should do and should NEVER move files from NEW to STORED if on the same drive - unnecessary moving of files that only cause issues.

Most here do not use the NEW to STORED unless it is going to a NAS.

The next item would be a Windows update that changed a driver - have you disabled Windows updates? Either way, look and see when the last update was and can you rollback.

Another issue could be is you are using hardware acceleration in BI - turn that off at the camera level and global level. That can cause it as well.