Source of BNC camera to Onvif Wifi device

megabyte24

n3wb
Reaction score
Alas I am having trouble finding a source of something like Amazon.com . Found another version of this on Amazon, but by the time I went to purchase it was out of stock. Then found the aforementioned, which also went out of stock after I ordered.

Just looking for something that can accept a NTSC analog output camera, to a device that will allow me to access the video feed on my wifi network via ONVIF software on a PC also on this network.

I trust the aforementioned device did this. If so, anyone have any products they can suggest, or search terms I could use to find another source (probably sans Amazon)?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

megabyte24

n3wb
Reaction score
The first link is unfortunately (am sure an unintended error) a link to a sellers details page, not a product. Think the intention was to link to this sellers product Amazon.com , but this is not wifi.

The second link is very helpful, thanks. Ironically leaving out ONVIF helps, and adding more of the factors I don't care as much about, got 29.99US $ 15% OFF|Mini AHD DVR H.265 Wifi AHD DVR 1Ch p2p 720P 1080p AHD/CVI/TVI DVR SD Card Slot Mini WiFi AHD DVR|Surveillance Video Recorder| - AliExpress which is not only $70 cheaper than Amazon, also cheaper than the other Alibaba link you found.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

megabyte24

n3wb
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

megabyte24

n3wb
Reaction score
Now to just confirm that my understanding on ONVIF on these units, means I can install some ONVIF DVR software on my PC, point it to the IP of this hardware, and there will be recording/do motion detection/etc off that remote feed?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

megabyte24

n3wb
Reaction score
Now to just confirm that my understanding on ONVIF on these units, means I can install some ONVIF DVR software on my PC, point it to the IP of this hardware, and there will be recording/do motion detection/etc off that remote feed?
I have looked at the Wiki, and the Cliff notes, searched the forum, and read general info on ONVIF online (thanks for assuming I didn't). Nothing I have yet found helps me understand if this unit stating it is ONVIF compliant will push that over Wifi, and what port, etc, I need to configure on a device on that network to get the video feed from it.

If you aren't interested in at least providing links to pages that have prior had information on how ONVIF works over Wifi, I would request that you forget about this thread.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have looked at the Wiki, and the Cliff notes, searched the forum, and read general info on ONVIF online (thanks for assuming I didn't). Nothing I have yet found helps me understand if this unit stating it is ONVIF compliant will push that over Wifi, and what port, etc, I need to configure on a device on that network to get the video feed from it.

If you aren't interested in at least providing links to pages that have prior had information on how ONVIF works over Wifi, I would request that you forget about this thread.
My crystal ball has no idea what your knowledge level is.
I'll now add you to my growing list of self righteous pricks that don't appreciate FREE help to my growing ignore list.

megabyte24

n3wb
Reaction score
My crystal ball has no idea what your knowledge level is.
I'll now add you to my growing list of self righteous pricks that don't appreciate FREE help to my growing ignore list.
How about starting somewhere. No need to know my level of knowledge. But pointing someone to a huge wiki, the general internet, and a not a single one of the clearly annoying repeated posts (you do know human behaviour, right?), is not helpful. Might as well be "do your own research", which is not the reason forums exist.

Wow. Prick. I suggest you stop giving anyone any advise. I give people advise in my day job (paid), and in my personal time and have never called someone a prick, or anything even close. If someone isn't interested in one's info, scroll on by and take the high road. If this is the kind of treatment a new member to this forum can expect, I will not be sticking around.

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
No clue. Haven't any experience actually using this product. I have Nightowl cams running on amcrest DVR. and a Nightowl 16ch DVR running about 5 different brands of cameras. So thats the extent of my knowledge here. I was using EyeMax video software on a PC back a few years. and some cams had trouble until you figured out the AHD/CVI/ Blah blahblah setting on toggle on the end of the camera cable.

megabyte24

n3wb
Reaction score
No clue. Haven't any experience actually using this product. I have Nightowl cams running on amcrest DVR. and a Nightowl 16ch DVR running about 5 different brands of cameras. So thats the extent of my knowledge here.
Thanks for your reply. Hoping someone has experience with ONVIF over wifi, if not this specific device.

megabyte24

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah thats an interesting situation. I'd be keen to see how that works myself.
Well, will be buying the device, so sans anyone else's replies I will be working it out myself. Will try and recall coming back here to detail the setup and gotchas.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest you:
  • Buy the device Flintstone61 linked.
  • Configure it with an IP and get it logged onto the Wi-Fi of your LAN (it likely has an embedded webGUI).
  • Download, install and run ODM on a PC connected to the same LAN as the device.
  • Download and install VLC on the same PC.
  • In ODM, log in to the cam, select "Live Video", when you see the live video there should be a URL down at the bottom.
  • Copy that URL to the clipboard.
  • Open VLC, go to "Media", "Open Network Stream" and paste in that URL and click on "play".
  • You'll likely be asked for the cam's username and password.
  • If that works, get back to us and we'll discuss how to put that user/pass into the above URL.

megabyte24

n3wb
Reaction score
I suggest you:
  • Buy the device Flintstone61 linked.
  • Configure it with an IP and get it logged onto the Wi-Fi of your LAN (it likely has an embedded webGUI).
  • Download, install and run ODM on a PC connected to the same LAN as the device.
  • Download and install VLC on the same PC.
  • In ODM, log in to the cam, select "Live Video", when you see the live video there should be a URL down at the bottom.
  • Copy that URL to the clipboard.
  • Open VLC, go to "Media", "Open Network Stream" and paste in that URL and click on "play".
  • You'll likely be asked for the cam's username and password.
  • If that works, get back to us and we'll discuss how to put that user/pass into the above URL.
Thanks! I am familiar with streaming into VLC, and this sounds like a good start. Will give it a try, and as mentioned to Flintstone61 will try and report back on my experience.