SP019 time and date deconfigured after power on

lgokul

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello dear friends I have a problem with the camera model SP019 recently when updating the firmware from the google play application: "Sricam".

The firmware was updated to version 21.1.1.31
uboot: 6
CPU: 9
System: 33

Since it was updated when I turn off the camera, the time is automatically deconfigured and I have to manually set it again. Apparently the UTC automatic time zone (UTC - 5 Perú) is not working.

When the time is deconfigured, the camera recordings are lost.

Could you fix it or tell me how to go back to the previous firmware that worked perfectly?

I don't know the old firmware number :(

I look forward to your prompt response, thank you very much!

PD: If anyone has an old firmware of the sricam SP019 model that they could send, I would appreciate it,

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, you learned a hard lesson we mention around here...a common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the camera is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and a certain PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

I would try playing with different time zones to get your time to match. i suspect the update coded in a different time zone starting point. I have a few cameras that I cannot use the timezone I am in or the time is off.

Hopefully someone has an older firmware, but I suspect you are stuck with it:(

lgokul

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, you learned a hard lesson we mention around here...a common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the camera is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and a certain PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

I would try playing with different time zones to get your time to match. i suspect the update coded in a different time zone starting point. I have a few cameras that I cannot use the timezone I am in or the time is off.

Hopefully someone has an older firmware, but I suspect you are stuck with it:(
My mistake was hitting the update button, you are right.
I tried all time zones and none of them work for me.

Hopefully someone has an older firmware .

Thanks for answering greetings.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, been there with the accidental update! I have since learned from others here to not let the cameras have access to the internet. In addition to the security, it prevents this from happening too!

Wow - sounds like something got messed up in the update. You would think a different time zone would get you the right time.

Does that camera have a factory reset? Might be worth a try and see if that finalizes the update. Many here will factory reset after a firmware update to ensure it works.

lgokul

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, been there with the accidental update! I have since learned from others here to not let the cameras have access to the internet. In addition to the security, it prevents this from happening too!

Wow - sounds like something got messed up in the update. You would think a different time zone would get you the right time.

Does that camera have a factory reset? Might be worth a try and see if that finalizes the update. Many here will factory reset after a firmware update to ensure it works.
Reset the camera with a pin and press the button for 15 seconds and all configuration was lost but the firmware update was there "21.1.1.31" I only have to do a rollback with a previous firmware .

lgokul

n3wb
Reaction score
I found out that in all the positive values of UTC if you synchronize the time.

But at negative values -1, -2, - 3 ~ up to -11 it doesn't work.
Mate with laughter!

Last edited: