Specifics please, current Dahua PTZ firmware upgrades, good or bad?

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm uncertain if it is currently wise to upgrade the firmware on a Dahua large PTZ camera. There has been suggestions on IPCT that though you might gain some security enhancements, additionally too delivered is no need for a browser plugin to view the live video stream, but you lose in the process of the upgrade some significant AI or other PTZ IVS functionalities. Dare I say it, Dahua have rolled back on the functionality you had with your older existing firmware.

What is it specifically that members have lost after upgrading their Dahua PTZ to the latest firmware, or have you had no problems at all?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Which model?

The 49225 will lose autotracking if you update.

If you have your cameras isolated from the internet, then there is no reason to update.

Only update camera firmware if it is fixing a problem you have. If it works in your situation, updating the firmware can break something that was working for you previously.

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine is a Pro Series | DH-SD50225U-HN, I'm uncertain what I might lose with the latest firmware upgrade. Today I've gone backwards with the firmware version so lost the plugin free feature., but have I recovered any features that the latest firmware enforced. How would I tell what I have lost?