specify frame size

haynstyle

n3wb
Reaction score
What happened to this option? I am unable to set all frame sizes in BI Application to the same configuration. There also used to be a drag bar to resize screens but that is gone as well. BI. Ver. 5.5.6.8

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That disappeared with Version 5.5.0.0

Everyone hated it at first.

I am used to it now.

haynstyle

n3wb
Reaction score
How do I make all the screens the same size?? I changed one and then went to fix it and now all my screens are botched up...

That disappeared with Version 5.5.0.0

Everyone hated it at first.

I am used to it now.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See this thread for various workarounds people have done

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, I answered you here in your other post.

EDIT: that link is to an outdated technique. Latest is here.

Last edited:

haynstyle

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, but there is NO way to force the screen size for each display. It was an option there prior but for some reason they took it away. I have 6 screens and they all used to be the same size (aspect ratio) when I setup under the new quick layout, it forces 2 of my screens to be larger than the second two and then the last two are out of size to display properly. Its so frustrating.

FWIW, I answered you here in your other post.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, but there is NO way to force the screen size for each display. It was an option there prior but for some reason they took it away. I have 6 screens and they all used to be the same size (aspect ratio) when I setup under the new quick layout, it forces 2 of my screens to be larger than the second two and then the last two are out of size to display properly. Its so frustrating.
@bp2008 straightened me out here.
I'm using a version from 6/11/21.

haynstyle

n3wb
Reaction score
The only way I have found to fix this is to revert back to the previous version like you from 6/11/21. This fixes all of the screens, but even with software maintanence set to "no update Prompts" it continues to update my console and reverts to the newest version which hoses my screens again. I just understand why BI wont fix this damn issue...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try changing it to No Automatic Updates.

Keep in mind this has now been this way for over 6 months and most are used to and some like it better after getting used to it. BI purposely changed it or added this for a reason, so in their mind it isn't an issue needing fixed. But if you insist the old way is better, send in a request form to BI.

Give it a few days and you may come around to the benefits of the new layout.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I moved up to 5.4.9.18 last week and the Drag bar is still there. Not sure I ever stumbled on that other setting you speak of.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
It sound's like you know what your doing. Here's the version i moved from 5.4.7.11 to 5.4.9.18
The default update selection seems to change, when you update versions.
I woke up to Version 5 million saturday and then downgraded selecting No update prompts and it took.

Screenshot 2022-04-06 223130.png