Speed Camera?

67RS427

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone using a BI tool or plug In and a camera to calculate vehicle speeds? I’m having an issue with speeding on my street and wondering if there’s a simple solution to get Vehicle speeds. I found this software that looks like it might work but it’s $130. I’d happily pay if there was a trial. Any other solutions out there? Thanks!

Speedcam Software

Laserray

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In my limited experience.
The speeds will be approximate, and no one is going to take uncalibrated readings seriously. Then they we beat you up about how do you "calibrate it". Which is nothing more the using a calibrated tuning fork to verify speed.
You could use a Sportster III with display, and video record the LED sign. I did this for a while.
I use radar myself accurate to +/- digit.
The other thing I learned as you can't judge speed accurately and no one will do a thing about speeding below 35 mph.

Interesting software, thanks for the link. check out the small print "**" accuracy says "depending on camera". I don't know how they would calculate distance to any accuracy?
For $130 bucks might be interesting to play with.

This maybe too much for you but check it out. My setup

Good Luck!!!

Laserray

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Purchased the software. Having activation issues. No reply yet. The calibration is done by measuring a distance in front of the camera. Would be nice to be able to pull data and incorporate into my system.
Let you know how it compares to radar.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Purchased the software. Having activation issues. No reply yet.
There were some reviews here and there that mentioned the software wasn't being developed or supported anymore, so please keep us updated!

Laserray

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's been two weeks and nothing from support. You can't test it in trial mode? Disappointed.
Time for a refund I guess.