SRICAM SP005 can not access the camera web interface by IP Adress

dasdee

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I hope you can hopefully help me.

I have 4 IP cameras, all of them work perfectly. From different manufacturers.
During installation, the scheme was always the same. And like so:
Power - LAN cable in camera and router - wanted the router to the assigned IP address - called the browser to the IP address - registered in the camera interface and the wireless settings configured - Port Setting - reboot, configure routers with port forwarding - end. Everything works.

Now I have the 5th camera SRICAM Model SP005. In this model a minimal configuration is carried out with an app (only WLAN). Other settings are not possible with the app. The camera works fine. Super image and Pan Tilt function equally well.

However, I use to consider my cameras the IP Cam viewer app. This one enters the cameras with the assigned IP address and port and then receives the image.
So far so good. Now my problem.

This camera SRICAM SP005 is me NOT possible to input the IP address in the browser (Chrome or Internet Explorer to scheme: http: //xxx.xxx.xxx.xx) the camera interface, or access the Web browser interface. For each camera that is working properly, only when it does not. It is always followed by the message "The webpage is not available"
When I perform an "angry IP scan", the IP address, as this, also appears from the other cameras.
Now attention: When I run a search p2p IP Finder, only the previously set 4 cameras are displayed, the camera 5. I wish to achieve in the browser does not display ???
Have already searched the half Internet.
Can you help me please ??

Sricam-SP005-Onvif-WiFI-IP-Camera-HD-720P-Mini-Dome-Infrared-Night-Vision-Security-Network-Camer.jpg
http://images.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1R4FyIpXXXXbYXpXXq6xXFXXXB/Sricam-SP005-Onvif-WiFI-IP-Camera-HD-720P-Mini-Dome-Infrared-Night-Vision-Security-Network-Camera.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Sricam-Onvif-WiFI-IP-Camera-SP005-HD-720P-Mini-Dome-Infrared-Night-Vision-Security-Network-Camera/439117_32372607265.html&h=750&w=750&tbnid=TLy2c_JusWO4wM:&docid=z5QRGyQRX_ekaM&ei=DCCzVq_fI4H3PZ6RsFg&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=4650&page=1&start=0&ndsp=34&ved=0ahUKEwivlaDe693KAhWBew8KHZ4IDAsQrQMIJDAB

The software "iSpy 6.5" finds a rtsp adress in my network.
I also tried to reach the interface with rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:544/onvif1
But then only Google is searching for this.....
:miserable:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
i also have a problem with this camera how di i find the video feed for zoneminder ?

I have the same issues with the SP005 camera. The web browser will also not load at all on several PCs using Win7. \

Did anyone ever get this to work, or get this to work on the P2P app for phones?

Reaction score
I have already got a SRICAM SP008 camera working in both CAT5 and wireless modes using the iSpy cam viewer software. I just went to add a few more SP014 fixed cams to the same software.

I also have problems setting up multi SRICAM SP014 cams to work with iSpy. I'm running a SingTel firmware flashed (ex Telstra [Australia]) 2WIRE 2701HGV-W gateway/router and a Windows 10 notebook. I can happily connect the SP014 cams using CAT5 cable but no matter what I try I cannot see the SP014 cameras on the 2WIRE network list as wireless devices. I followed the instructions to plug in the power and CAT5 network cable which worked flawlessly, within seconds the camera stream was showing on the screen in iSpy. Pressed the reset button on the SP014 lead for 10 seconds, saw it begin to reboot and disconnected the CAT5 plug. Nothing, no sign of the wireless connection on the network list of the 2WIRE setup screen. I also tried searching for a wireless signal using "Advanced IP Scanner" but nothing there either.

So, after trying without success a few times, I looked for the SRI website, found that and couldn't see anything useful to help my issue so I clicked on their SUPPORT link, well that's linking to some other chinese seling page, about as useless as old mate 'Farmer' who's rants I had to put up with reading when searching for useful info to work out a solution, so I gave up and just posted my query... (don't bother chipping into this discussion unless you can offer me an immediate solution Farmer)

Has ANYONE managed to get these cameras to actually function as wireless devices and if so, how did you do it??

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't have a Sricam so I could be wrong, but based off other wifi cameras is the following possible.

1) Connect CAT5 cable and power
2) Find IP address of camera
3) Log in to camera using Internet Explorer (change IP address of PC to match subnet if different and IE page has no response)
4) Look for Wireless settings page
5) Connect to Wifi network after entering password and click save
6) Camera still not on wifi, just unplug your RJ45
7) Load up iSpy and hopefully it will find it

This has worked for other wifi cameras but I don't know about Sricam or SP014 so am taking a semi-educated guess.

Any screenshots you can post can help me try to help.

sticks221

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, just in case it helps anyone - I have just purcahsed a SriCam SP1400 and had the same questions as I want to be able to access an MJPEG stream so that I can integrate it into my OpenHab home automation system. I discovered that the camera ca be accessed via HTTP but using port 81 rather than 80;
  • Use the URL http://[IPADDR]:81 to get an index which gives options for the integrated viewer for the various browsers
  • Append /videostream.cgi?rate=0&user=[USERNAME]&pwd=[PASSWORD] and you get a live video stream
  • Append /snapshot.cgi?user=[USERNAME]&pwd=[PASSWORD] to get a snapshot JPEG image

k3nnyg

n3wb
Reaction score
The following link will get your camera working in Zoneminder. Im sorry Im familiar with other software NVR's but maybe the format will help you figure it out through a little trial and error.....

I will see if I can get the browser based port if there is one. This camera talks over UDP so it may not be possible but I will see if I can figure it out. The video is already non interlaced so dont enable that option. 32 bit color.

I figured the ones below out while disassembling the firmware. I will also try to find the onvif configuration port. Im curious sticks221...how did you "discover" the URLs you posted. Do you have the firmware for those cams? If so please PM me as I would like to start a new project with those and that would be quite helpful. Does the cam have a full jtag or rs232? Is it inverted if so?

Thanks

URLs for SP005 (Zoneminder formatted for ffmpeg. Supports UDP only!):

rtsp://user:ass@IP.ADDR.OF.CAM/onvif1 > 1280x720 This feed is 720p HD

rtsp://user:ass@IP.ADDR.OF.CAM/onvif2 > 320x180 This feed is lower def.

The resolutions are assumed. Based on what I see but it could support several more on both or all on both channels. In Zoneminder use ffmpeg not remote rtp/rtsp. It is ultimately using rtp however zm configs dont support this particular config if you just use remote and then rtp. Also with ffmpeg you could use the following option and it will redirect ffmpeg to the resolution and color scheme automatically it seems. This I found through observing after setting it up in zoneminder. Hard to tell but it doesnt hurt nor does it report unsupported.

allowed_media_types=video

UPDATE:
I did some looking around and found the URL. SRICAM gives you all the info you are looking for. Go with what the website states. They dont directly mention zm so I will leave the info above but the rest is there for you:)

Shenzhen Sricctv Technology Co. Ltd

Last edited:

Ubbe

n3wb
Reaction score
Most Sricams needs the iPhone or Android app to access their camera settings.
There you have the IP and network parameters to change to be able to run wireless.
If you press a long time on the reset button it will erase all your settings to the default values
and you have to start over again and enter all valid information using the LAN cable access method.

/Ubbe