Sricam SP012 ONVIF Complient IP Cam / Model Specific Question

Reaction score
Hi Colin,

I knew I'd seen some translations for the Mandarin buttons but I'd completely forgotten it was earlier in this thread so thank you for that.

I had a look back through the captured stuff of Tina's activities and have realised it's much simpler than I thought.

In the device list, check the checkbox for the camera you want to work on then Right-click anywhere in that row.

This pops up a context menu (in Mandarin of course!). Click the top item.

Another window will then pop up displaying (by default) some startup configuration items for the camera.
Copy and paste them into a text document which must be named custom_setting.ini.
Edit and Save that file in Notepad as required.
Here is what mine looks like after the fix for 720p. The changed item is emboldened:

misc_config0=2147483652
th_sensor_support = 0
CustomSetPasswd = 888888
net_time_sync = 1
IpcUartCommunicateSupport = 1
uart1_baudrate = 9600
SricamConfig = 1
customer = 13
Remote_Reboot_Support = 1
Set_MD_Level_Support = 1

Finally, use the Upgrade button in exactly the same way you would to upload a new .bin to the camera but upload custom_setting.ini instead.
Presumably it is saved to flash memory as it's contents are preserved across resets (10 second press of the button), in fact that may be the only time the camera actually reads it but I haven't proved that yet.

On the subject of browser viewing, I don't know if this is any help to you but I have got my Sricams plus another cheap Onvif camera to display in good old Internet Explorer 11 by utilising the activex plugin that is part of VLC. You would need to install VLC on each PC but then you can do this sort of thing in a standard HTML document (substitute your real IP address of course):

<OBJECT classid="clsid:9BE31822-FDAD-461B-AD51-BE1D1C159921"
codebase="http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/latest/win32/axvlc.cab"
width="1280" height="720" id="vlc" events="True">
<param name="Src" value="rtsp://xx.xx.xx.xx:554/onvif1" />
<param name="ShowDisplay" value="True" />
<param name="AutoLoop" value="False" />
<param name="AutoPlay" value="True" />
<embed id="vlcEmb" type="application/x-google-vlc-plugin" version="VideoLAN.VLCPlugin.2" autoplay="yes" loop="no" width="1280" height="720"
target="rtsp://xx.xx.xx.xx:554/onvif1" ></embed>
</OBJECT>

Now I can see the hands going up in horror at the thought of letting IE run an activex control but in a correctly secured intranet environment I don't think I'd be too worried.
I haven't tried this with any other browsers but I gather VLC also supports Firefox and Safari.

Regarding setting a fixed IP address, I have managed to get that to work fine with my cameras using the SricamPC application. What happens when you try?

Regards,
Steve.

ColinH

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Brilliant information - thank you very much. The ActiveX information may yet save me hours of work regarding the old VB applications I've built. Just for (irrelevant) info we run a horse stud farm and the cheap IP cams are absolutely ideal for monitoring mares when they are foaling...we've save the lives of at least one mare & foal as a result and we don't need to keep running out to the barn and disturbing all the horses in the middle of the night.
I can't remember now what happened trying to set a fixed IP address via the SricamPC app...I need to revisit things but that's not too likely for some months looking at my current workload!
Once again, your input is much appreciated - such a change to have someone who knows and can clearly state the facts!

Regards,
Colin

Nexy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The SP012 via Amazon (UK) was doing 720p, then I stupidly firmware updated it and lost 720p via that RTSP onvif1 URL.

Following the instructions from @horatiog and the firmware file from @Eyepee got me back up and running in HD. Much appreciated.

mskvorc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a SP013 camera and the same problem with low resolution on onvif1. I followed instructions from previous posts but without success. The camera originally had 14.0.0.52 firmware which I updated to 14.0.0.57 but without success. I couldn't upload firmware version 21.0.0.23 because of MD5 error. I also sent email to tech support but didn't received any response from them. Can someone explain to me how to avoid MD5 error and upload 21.0.0.23 firmware?

Thank you,
Marko

ColinH

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Colin,

I knew I'd seen some translations for the Mandarin buttons but I'd completely forgotten it was earlier in this thread so thank you for that.

I had a look back through the captured stuff of Tina's activities and have realised it's much simpler than I thought.

In the device list, check the checkbox for the camera you want to work on then Right-click anywhere in that row.

This pops up a context menu (in Mandarin of course!). Click the top item.

Another window will then pop up displaying (by default) some startup configuration items for the camera.
Copy and paste them into a text document which must be named custom_setting.ini.
Edit and Save that file in Notepad as required.
Here is what mine looks like after the fix for 720p. The changed item is emboldened:

misc_config0=2147483652
th_sensor_support = 0
CustomSetPasswd = 888888
net_time_sync = 1
IpcUartCommunicateSupport = 1
uart1_baudrate = 9600
SricamConfig = 1
customer = 13
Remote_Reboot_Support = 1
Set_MD_Level_Support = 1

Finally, use the Upgrade button in exactly the same way you would to upload a new .bin to the camera but upload custom_setting.ini instead.
Presumably it is saved to flash memory as it's contents are preserved across resets (10 second press of the button), in fact that may be the only time the camera actually reads it but I haven't proved that yet.

On the subject of browser viewing, I don't know if this is any help to you but I have got my Sricams plus another cheap Onvif camera to display in good old Internet Explorer 11 by utilising the activex plugin that is part of VLC. You would need to install VLC on each PC but then you can do this sort of thing in a standard HTML document (substitute your real IP address of course):

<OBJECT classid="clsid:9BE31822-FDAD-461B-AD51-BE1D1C159921"
codebase="http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/latest/win32/axvlc.cab"
width="1280" height="720" id="vlc" events="True">
<param name="Src" value="rtsp://xx.xx.xx.xx:554/onvif1" />
<param name="ShowDisplay" value="True" />
<param name="AutoLoop" value="False" />
<param name="AutoPlay" value="True" />
<embed id="vlcEmb" type="application/x-google-vlc-plugin" version="VideoLAN.VLCPlugin.2" autoplay="yes" loop="no" width="1280" height="720"
target="rtsp://xx.xx.xx.xx:554/onvif1" ></embed>
</OBJECT>

Now I can see the hands going up in horror at the thought of letting IE run an activex control but in a correctly secured intranet environment I don't think I'd be too worried.
I haven't tried this with any other browsers but I gather VLC also supports Firefox and Safari.

Regarding setting a fixed IP address, I have managed to get that to work fine with my cameras using the SricamPC application. What happens when you try?

Regards,
Steve.

ColinH

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Well a couple of years have passed since we last spoke so maybe you're not on this forum any more. But, if you are I finally have some success! I decided to use the Videolan VLC ActiveX plugin in my VB6 application. It had no problem in displaying the video from my ONVIF cameras but gave me no control over the PT(Z) functionality. So the bulk of my time over the last week has been (other than work!) sorting out the (inane) SOAP messaging needed to get pan/tilt working. Using the MSXML40 component I've finally managed to do this. So now all I have to do is to integrate all my other non-ONVIF IP cams into the camera select menu of the application, add the code that does the PT(Z) for them and it seems that I'll have a fully functioning system for all the IP cams.
The biggest problem with the ActiveX component is that it has a window (the one that displays the traffic cone) that responds to mouse clicks but, when it's displaying the video, it overlays that with another (?anonymous?) window that doesn't respond to mouse clicks. In my older program I sensed where the mouse click was happening in the video window and used that to do the PT. If I'm going to use that system I now need to find a way to 'subclass' the ActiveX video window so that I can get mouse click events. Why is life SO difficult.
All the best to you,

Colin

nortish

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Found this thread in hopes of finally getting the 720p rtsp working. I've been using both the SP012 and 013 for over two years now.
My problem with the tool is, I can't see any of the cameras. I guess you need to initiate some sort of scanning on the network first? The ID-field at the top left, do I need to change that? Does the ID there have any reference to the ID on the sticker on the camera?
I saw that Nuno had some luck by restarting the application and pressing the button next to IPC serveral time, but that has not worked for me. Sure, my cameras are on wifi but the application seems to have support for WIFI as well, at least it says Wifi in the bottom left table, haha!

Any advice?

EDIT: It actually was the WIFI connection. I moved the cameras and wired them to a switch, they showed up instantly and "upgraded" fine. Now I have 720p stream in iSpy. THANKS EVERYONE!

New question, does anyone know if the same firmware would work on SP013? =) Afraid to try if it would break it...

Last edited:

that1guy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I completed the steps outlined above, and now I have a 720p rtsp stream for my SP015. My firmware was 13.0.0.98, but this didn't make any difference.

A couple of things to note:

1) In my case, I simply needed to remove the final line of the config pasted in to the custom_setting.ini file. I needed to remove the entry "LocalMaxEnc = 3" in order to match your config.
2) The custom_setting.ini file must be all lowercase -The original post shows it as Custom_Setting.ini

Everything is working great now. Hopefully this thread will show up for anyone Googling sricam SP015 rtsp stream 720p sricam_tool firmware 13.0.0.98 13.0.0.96

Thanks for posting this fix -Especially Steve!

Razer786

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Some information that you might find useful. I have some SriCam Sp012 cameras (actually re-badged as Fluoreon) and (like horatiog Mar 14 post) have been trying to get them to do 720p. I also have the firmware update app from SriCam support and have used it successfully to update to firmware version 14.00.00.73 (from 14.00.00.52 (I think)).SriCam support sent me the firmware update (npcupg_gm_14.00.00.73(4436).bin) very quickly when I asked them. They also sent the app with the Chinese interface (14_Sricam_tool.exe) that does the firmware update. I'm not sure that the upgrade 21.00.00.23 is suitable for the SP012 - when I tried it briefly the camera made a police siren noise - might have been the MD5 problem though, can't remember. Anyway, my upgrade definitely enabled 720p (onvif1 at 1280x720 and onvif2 at 360x180)

I have translated the buttons and labels on that app:

Main caption
IPC Commissioning System V01.00.00.14

Left labels & buttons
ID password monitor
Select All / No Time synchronization Forced upgrade

Centre button group
Pir enabled Pir disabled Wired alarm input - on Wired alarm input - off
A key report Indicator light Wired alarm output - on Wired alarm output - off
Restore Factory Reboot Arming Disarmed Emergency alarm
Learn the code Empty the code print Print Settings Empty user Remove mac.ini

Right labels and buttons
Select the encrypted file
The ID number that will currently be burned:
Set the ID

Below camera list
Equipment time:
Store information:

The translations may not help much but there they are!

Also, the next problem was that I wanted to set the cameras to static LAN addresses. Again I emailed SriCam support and quickly received another program (this time all in English). The program is called SricamPC - I have copied some images from the pdf manual. Having added the devices...

View attachment 18189

Don't double click on the device icon, RIGHT click on a device and left click on 'Device Parameter Setting' and you should get...
View attachment 18190

Click Refresh and uncheck DCHP. Change the IP address to what you want ensuring that it doesn't conflict with any other device on your LAN and, preferably, that it's outside your router's DHCP adddress range. Ensure that all fields are filled in (in my case DNS Server was 0.0.0.0 - it didn't like it). Click Save and all should be well. I don't use WFi so can't comment on that part and I have no SD card so can't comment on that part either!

If you double click the camera icon you can set the definition to HD. This now shows in iSpy - onvif1 gives 1280x720 and onvif2 gives 320x180

Regarding 'purple foliage' I don't think any 'cheap' IP cams have 'IR cut' (which is needed to correct for the green to purple colouration). Also, if you're hoping to buy this type of camera to sit behind a window to catch intruders don't bother as all you'll get at night is the reflection of the cameras IR lights in the window and nothing of the outside world. I have however mounted and used such cameras under overhanging roofs and, provided they aren't in driving rain all is good.

Can you please provide the firmware ?

ColinH

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you please provide the firmware ?
If I can still find it I probably can but can't you get it from Sricam - they may have updated it since I had it. Anyway, which firmware did you want as I had 2 from them?

Razer786

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you please provide both ?
Actually I am looking for older version where they used GoAhead server on camera.

If I can still find it I probably can but can't you get it from Sricam - they may have updated it since I had it. Anyway, which firmware did you want as I had 2 from them?

Razer786

n3wb
Reaction score
I have also mailed to Sricam support but didn't hear back yet. :(

kgarcera

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My SP012 is now not working due to update failed from the app. I cannot see it from the list and when powered up, it is stuck facing upwards. Please help me if this can be fixed.

Regards

GwaiTsi

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is a sort of English version of the sricam tool. Has anyone figured out the MD5 errors. Sricam sent me all the v13 and the npcupg14.00.01.30(3097&3018)(debug) for the SP015, but everyone just shows MD5 error when trying to upgrade

Attachments

GwaiTsi

n3wb
Reaction score
npcupg13.01.01.04(2185&2049)(release).bin - supposed to be SP015
npcupg13.01.01.35(3023&3018)(release).bin - supposed to be SP015
npcupg14.00.01.30(3097&3018)(debug).bin - supposed to be SP015
npcupg_gm(14.00.00.57).bin - supposed to be SP012
npcupg_gm_21.00.00.23(4559).bin - supposed to be SP012

I have the MD5 error if I try to burn any of SP015s on my devices.

Attachments