SSD keeps filling up, allocation error???

rsg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
I am having a problem with my C drive (SSD) filling up even though I have allocated well within the limits of the drive. I have limited the size of JPEGs, Alerts, and New to 5GB each at which point they should move to D:, yet the BlueIris folder on C: has grown to 80GB. The recordings then stop saving because the drive is full. Please help!
blueiris.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which folder specifically grown out of limits? And why do you even record on SSD, how much data do you record daily?

rsg

n3wb
Reaction score
blueiris2.jpgRight now, JPEGs is 26GB and New is 51GB. I thought it would be easier on the HDD to just record on the SSD and archive to HDD. Around 10GB/day is recorded (by motion trigger only).
The conundrum right now is how these two folders are growing past the 5GB limit I imposed.

Also, I'm not sure I understand the allocation screenshot I added to the original post. Why are there two lines for each drive?

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeduncan

n3wb
Reaction score
View attachment 12085Right now, JPEGs is 26GB and New is 51GB. I thought it would be easier on the HDD to just record on the SSD and archive to HDD. Around 10GB/day is recorded (by motion trigger only).
The conundrum right now is how these two folders are growing past the 5GB limit I imposed.

Also, I'm not sure I understand the allocation screenshot I added to the original post. Why are there two lines for each drive?
You really aren't going to want to record to your SSD, it is going to wear it out really fast. Download Piriform Speccy and take a look at the details on your SSD and see what the wear leveling count is.