Standalone Java app for dedicated live view with Instant Replay

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is my story. Benn using this for few years on daily but today my windows 7 pc crapped out. now using windows 10 machine and file wouldnt open. installed / uninstalled / installed java few time wasted few hrs on web. finally started reading old tread and came across this.
i am in the folder that has blueirsviewer and when i shift and right click (not of the file ) i get option for "open power shell window here"
in there i typed in "java -jar BlueIrisViewer.jar" and finally java screen opened and i was able to view all cameras.
however i have to do that every time to view the cameras . have to right click open up powershell and type that in.

this is what i see in the powershell window
PS C:\Users\Sunny\Documents\BlueIrisViewer.2.8.1> java -jar BlueIrisViewer.jar
1820x930 isDraggingButton0: false

also if i close the powershell window the cameras close as well.

do you know what the issue might be?

thanks
Java is really weird in that sometimes it does not associate itself with .jar files correctly.

Edit: The following methods both create an unwanted command window.

I recommend you create a shortcut to BlueIrisViewer.jar and then right click the shortcut and choose properties and change the command line to java -jar "C:\Full Path To\BlueIrisViewer.jar" obviously using the correct path for where you want to keep the jar file.

Alternatively you can put that command into a text file and rename the file to have the extension .bat and then you can run that. I believe this way you get the (probably unwanted) command window though. With the shortcut method, you shouldn't see a command window.

Last edited:

sonup2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Java is really weird in that sometimes it does not associate itself with .jar files correctly.

I recommend you create a shortcut to BlueIrisViewer.jar and then right click the shortcut and choose properties and change the command line to java -jar "C:\Full Path To\BlueIrisViewer.jar" obviously using the correct path for where you want to keep the jar file.

Alternatively you can put that command into a text file and rename the file to have the extension .bat and then you can run that. I believe this way you get the (probably unwanted) command window though. With the shortcut method, you shouldn't see a command window.
thanks this works however even with the creating the bat file the command windows doesn't go away. but that's fine for now, i can deal with that.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

sonup2000

n3wb
Reaction score
A few tricks to make the cmd.exe window to close itself...
thanks but unfortunately if i close the cmd window , java window closes as well. i am trying to see if i can minimize it so its hidden

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

This should also work, allowing you to directly open the jar file without any nonsense.