Start of recordings dropping out

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Such an annoying issue. E-mailed BI support.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fresh Win7 install, then upgrade (for the free upgrade).
FYI You no longer need to do an install then upgrade. You can install windows 10 with the 7 key. I would disable the firewall to test recordings. Are the hard drives inside the pc or external/nas

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FYI You no longer need to do an install then upgrade. You can install windows 10 with the 7 key. I would disable the firewall to test recordings. Are the hard drives inside the pc or external/nas
Hmmm, I'd need to check that out. Either way, I don't have the firewall on. Since it records fine if I manually trigger a camera, I don't see how the problem with be with anything except pre-trigger frames.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'd need to check that out. Either way, I don't have the firewall on. Since it records fine if I manually trigger a camera, I don't see how the problem with be with anything except pre-trigger frames.
have you tried disabling hardware acceleration?
Also are you using HA with +vpp?

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
have you tried disabling hardware acceleration?
Also are you using HA with +vpp?
Haven't tried that since noticing the issue. I'll give it a try. Currently set to HA+VPP for all cameras.

Going to also try removing the Intel-RAID and try Windows RAID instead. Perhaps there's something weird going on there.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't tried that since noticing the issue. I'll give it a try. Currently set to HA+VPP for all cameras.

Going to also try removing the Intel-RAID and try Windows RAID instead. Perhaps there's something weird going on there.
Check out the release notes for VPP. Sometimes, with high bitrates and or many cams it can make things worse. (I know he mentions 20 cams or more, but that is at a lower bitrate)...regular HA may resolve this.

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I have fixed the issue. Completely disabled APM on the disk drives using Crystal Disk Info. There wasn't an issue with load cycle counts (only 200 over the life of the drive) or the idle-timer (disabled according to WDIDLE3).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I have fixed the issue. Completely disabled APM on the disk drives using Crystal Disk Info. There wasn't an issue with load cycle counts (only 200 over the life of the drive) or the idle-timer (disabled according to WDIDLE3).
This makes sense. Now that you mention it I believe this has been an issue before for some users.