Stealth hiding my Dahua 5231. No one will ever see it!

Reaction score
I have a birdhouse camera with a 5442 turret that works fantastic (though, during snow storm...it plugs up with snow). And now, for my left driveway 6' height camera...I wanted to hide it as well. No one will see this til it's too late! muhahahaha!
Driveway Left x9 2021-07-04 01.24.46.665 PM.jpg

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Playing around with ways to hide a Dahua Full Color Bullet at about 5 feet height, it is a big cam, here I am considering the idea of a Chickadee house. Bottom off the faux bird house in this picture, weathered fence boards used to match existing weathered fence.

Reaction score
Playing around with ways to hide a Dahua Full Color Bullet at about 5 feet height, it is a big cam, here I am considering the idea of a Chickadee house. Bottom off the faux bird house in this picture, weathered fence boards used to match existing weathered fence.
If you have time you can hold off hiding camera in a box until fall. That is when I'll be getting back into woodworking and making outdoor enclosures for bullets and turrets for a small fee of course.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have time you can hold off hiding camera in a box until fall. That is when I'll be getting back into woodworking and making outdoor enclosures for bullets and turrets for a small fee of course.
You can't tell from the picture :facepalm:but I am actually a woodworker, that mockup was slapped together in about 5 minutes just to get an idea if it was feasible. I have a full shop of power tools (table saw, planer, jointer, routers, etc). I even do some custom work for a few people occasionally.

Reaction score
You can't tell from the picture :facepalm:but I am actually a woodworker, that mockup was slapped together in about 5 minutes just to get an idea if it was feasible. I have a full shop of power tools (table saw, planer, jointer, routers, etc). I even do some custom work for a few people occasionally.
With the cost of wood nowadays a small camera birdhouse would cost $1,200!

Reaction score
If you can come up with a way to have either a turret or bullet camera be able to rotate from 90 degrees to 120°. That would be great. If I have my birdhouse camera at 90 degrees parallel to the ground the image captures half the sky which is useless so I actually have to angle the birdhouse down a good 15 20°

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you can come up with a way to have either a turret or bullet camera be able to rotate from 90 degrees to 120°. That would be great. If I have my birdhouse camera at 90 degrees parallel to the ground the image captures half the sky which is useless so I actually have to angle the birdhouse down a good 15 20°
This is what got me interested in using a Chickadee House, the non-traditional shape. I wondered if I could use the odd shape to aid in different mounting configurations. Here is an actual Chickadee House I put together for the birds in the yard which got me thinking about using one for cams. This picture is a 2MP Dahua Varifocal, a 5542 turret would be way smaller.

Here is a link to one such bird house;