Steve Lehto: Condo Owner Must Take Down Her Ring Camera

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like an outside of your condo issue ( "common property" installations not allowed by Condo association bylaws without permission ) .. privacy issue .. wiretapping .. recording audio ..

Condo Owner Must Take Down Her Ring Camera
Steve Lehto
It happened in Canada but much of the same reasoning could apply here.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
First have to say I always enjoy watching Steve Lehto. :thumb: As it relates this case being decided in the Alberta court it simply affirms those who choose to live in an Apartment / Condo. Do not have the same freedoms and rights as those who own a self standing home.

I'm sure the whole apartment / condo housing works for many as there are millions of people living in them. But, have to say its not for me given my lifestyle and personal needs. Everyday courts around the world decide the fate of others based on case law, present law, and the specifics of a case.

The judge in his / her wisdom or not will render a decision based on their interpretation of the law. While taking into account all other factors and evidence provided.

In Canada the supreme court has affirmed that the police can lie to a person to illicit a response?!?! They can hold you for a period of time without charging you with anything. All the while refuse you legal council during that period where you have NOT been charged for any criminal offence!

The courts have stated many times in Canada that everyone else in the law enforcement agencies have the right to monitor, ease drop, and track everything you do in the guise of security of the nation.

The fact this judge ruled in favor of the condo board isn't a surprise!

People believe they are free - they are not . . .

People are free to do what society allows / enables you to do so - no more. Those who push the boundaries will quickly find out their limits of freedoms!

As been said for decades the only way to assure freedom is to fight for the same. To vote for people who represent the same like minds that better reflect your morals, beliefs, and common sense.

Canada, like many other great nations has, and is, turning into a nation ruled by imbecil's! :facepalm: