still pulsing + rainbow on playback post tweak

Shuki

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hi,

I am using BI 5.3.2.11, 20 IPCams, all hik vision 2cdxx and set to 2MP 12FPS, quality=higher, 4Mbps. BI quality in profile= default 50%. required encoding is unchecked for all cameras and stream. each camera in BI checked with "also bvr" for HW accl. 50k clips, 9GB DB file auto weekly repair/compact enabled. SDD for everything except video files (WD purple). Latest intel driver.
CPU very low (~10%) after enabling substream for BI motion - thanks team ! - Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage
BI memory stables after reaching ~6GB.
All performance tweaks in place.

My current issue is still not resolved post performing actions from this page:

issue: at night, some videos playback from BI app and BI server console shows ghost/pulse of 1s and then rainbow "corrupted video stream". However, video on disk is fine, exporting to mp4 and can play it well. Even, when i use BI app and jump back few seconds video view stream recovers and played ok.

I followed instructions in above page and reduced BI stream GOP from 300 to 30 - not resolved.
Increased my camera Iframe main channel from 12 to 24 - not resolved
Decreased VBR quality from higher to medium for main channel - not resolved
On one camera i even trippled Iframe of main channel (fps=12) - not resolved
in above wiki page it is not mentioned best practice for sub-channel so mine is VBR, 12FPS, quality=higher, 256k

It seems the phenomenon will appear more when fast movement occured (like fast driving car) vs, less happen when person walks.

What exact tweak required to resolve this on main/sub channel or BI console?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s the same but when I got ghosting, trailing corruption it’s always due to the Intel video drivers, for me the latest drivers cause an issue so I use a version from 2 years ago which in my system works fine.

Shuki

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
it seems the rainbow post motion while playback only at night issue is resolved when i remove from the BI camera settings the sub stream entry "/Streaming/Channels/2".

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a guess, but it sounds like the processor in the camera can't handle the load of dual streams.

Shuki

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Not really.
It's only the playback that shown corrupted. If I export the clip to mp4 it is shown OK.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, a processor somewhere is having a problem without a doubt. Personally, I have no faith in Foscam. They're on the level of Reolink.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The only time I've seen anything like this was with a Reolink when I tried hardware acceleration, specifically, Nvidia. I only have one Hik camera and don't have that problem even with Nvidia acceleration on it. It's only a 2MP cube, but still a Hik.

Shuki

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Eventually i resolved this issue myself. Quite disappointed from BI support case handling.
The solution/workaround for my above issue is to uncheck "also bvr" in camera - record tab.