Stop Deleting Store Files

PH+

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello I have a question about storing files that can't be deleted from the BI control panel. I have BI installed on an SSD C: drive and have all images and alerts sent to an external USB drive J:. Everything is set direct to disk. All seems to be working fine but when I delete the files on the BI control panel, the images on the right side of the panel, they also delete from the J: drive also. I would like for this not to happen. Still researching but some help would be appreciated. :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you delete the clips in blue iris it will delete it from drive.. That is normal and the desired response... Otherwise why are you deleting it...

PH+

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks I was unaware of that. I was hoping these files would remain intact if some stole my computer or tried deleting them from the computer. This external drive is hidden and if the computer was stolen it would probably be left behind. How would I go about securing the files as they are being recorded?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks I was unaware of that. I was hoping these files would remain intact if some stole my computer or tried deleting them from the computer. This external drive is hidden and if the computer was stolen it would probably be left behind. How would I go about securing the files as they are being recorded?
Nothing would happen to the files if your computer was stolen...If you are worried about someone deleting footage lock the PC...