Storage locations for cameras

Paulieboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I am running 8 cameras, 4 which are on continuous recording. I would like to save the continual recording cameras to my NAS because it has much more storage space and the other "motion detection" cameras to the internal storage of the server. Is there a way to configure individual cameras to have their own separate locations to store footage? And how do I do this in Blue Iris?

Thank you.

Paul

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In clips and archiving you simply send each camera to a different Aux folder.

Do keep in mind you cannot change the names of the New, Stored, and Alerts, but you can rename the Aux folders.

1700612937010.png

Paulieboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Wittaj,

A quick question. This weekend I plan on reconfiguring the storage location like you instructed me to. But my question is because I am still on a limited amount of storage space for the continual use cameras, and the space is getting full would this cause some of the cameras to loose connectivity ? My plan is to configure each continual use camera a recording time of 7 to 10 days. I think in a previous chat together you said that if anything important were to happen, anything over a day or two is not worth reporting as emergent?

Thank you Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As long as you haven't allocated the entire drive to video storage, the cameras should continue working as expected.

Most will say to leave 10% of the available drive to allow for windows to do its thing and write/re-write over the oldest files.

So as an example, if you have a drive just for storage and say it is 1000GB, then you should allocate no more than 900GB to the video storage.

Obviously if you have other things on the drive, then you need to subtract that out as well.