Storage

dhenzler

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
what about the alert folder ?

hit it with a hammer, set the new size to 800
None of the other folders are in use, or have ever been used. According to Ken (the creator) alerts are not stored on the system drives, but are in memory... coulda fooled me.
You're guessing... there is not a place to set the allocation is there?
I went through this three times last night... no change... It's BS.
If it works, don't fix it !

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not guess, there is an alerts folder on the S drive, look at the screen shot of your allocation. Your problem may be caused by using a VM, now that is a guess.

The space is allocated for the folders if they are used or not. YOU have 920 GB allocated between the new, stored and alert folders.

The only other thing could be a corrupt DB . delete the files in the BI DB folder and reboot the computer.

dhenzler

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do not guess, there is an alerts folder on the S drive, look at the screen shot of your allocation. Your problem may be caused by using a VM, now that is a guess.

The space is allocated for the folders if they are used or not. YOU have 920 GB allocated between the new, stored and alert folders.

The only other thing could be a corrupt DB . delete the files in the BI DB folder and reboot the computer.
Fair enough on the guess... I did the Repair dB a few times...
What I don't understand is their math... How do they come up with -338.9 duH!
And if you don't use any of the other folders... (I created them all, just in case I wanted them later) and nothing points to them... what is the issue?Screenshot from 2020-11-11 16-52-57.png
repair-dB.png

dhenzler

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Even though the folders are unused, they consume space... I Zeroed out the size on the Aux's and this was the result. See below!
1605132352775.png

dhenzler

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So... finally this is it! Sent Ken an email link to this site... he gave me a couple hints, and suggested an update. I will send him some $$ and get the update package. Then on to the Pawn Shop system... 16 cameras. Same server, but 5TB of storage...
Screenshot from 2020-11-11 17-54-17.png

dhenzler

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Resolved ! Don't think you can allocate space to folders without loosing that from your total... it reserves it even if empty. I'll only be
using NEW... like I did for the past year with my small space on the C drive.
This will be tremendous !
Dave
Screenshot from 2020-11-11 20-34-25.png