Stranded - Cam/NVR Installer left job halfway, took payment in full & dissapeared

alwayson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I hope everyone is doing well. I finally purchased some cameras and a NVR.

I want to thank @klasipca and @nayr amongst others who were so kind to go out of there way to help me.

I purchased the following hardware:

1) LTS 1142W-28 4MP 2.8mm cameras

2) LTS 1142W 4MP 4mm cameras

3) LTS LTN8716-P16 16 Channel 160Mbps NVR

I also have 2 Huisin MINI PTZ IP Camera 10X ZOOM IR 80M cameras.

Now here is the issue!

I found someone to install the cameras and program the NVR for me, but he installed some of the cameras, and then dissapeared. Yes, I was a fool, I paid him in full because I trusted him as he had done work for me before.

So, as things stand, I have the LTS cameras installed and wired to the NVR, but I do not know how to program the NVR.

In fact, the installer left the work incomplete saying that he needed a CRT monitor to program the NVR?

Can anyone please help me program the NVR? For now, I just have the LTS cameras and the LTS NVR.

Once I get that sorted out, I will need to add the Huisin cameras and then figure out how to program it.

I really hope someone can help.

Thank you!
theoxonian

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its typically easier to configure the NVR with a display connected directly to it, at least initially to get it onto the network and the cameras setup.. do you have a TV or monitor to hookup to it? it has both VGA and HDMI ports I believe.

I am not a Hikvision (LTS) user, so I cant be much help for configuring the NVR.. but it should basically be: get it on the network, scan for cameras, add the cameras in the order you want them.. any it dont find automatically you'll have to determine the addresses and configure manually, it should find all the LTS cameras no problem.. if any wont be auto detected it'll be the ptz's.

alwayson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you @nayr, I appreciate it. I do have a HDMI port at the back of the NVR, so I can I connect to it my television with a HDMI cable?

Let me see if I can connect the TV to the NVR and then update everyone with a post.
@nayr - can you please send me a PM, I want to discuss something with you, unrelated to this project, but an opportunity that you may be interested in

Thanks,
theoxonian

alwayson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
@nayr, can I connect the NVR to my laptop to configure it for the first time? or will it conflict with the OS on my laptop?

Thanks!
theoxonian

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
once you get it on the network you'll be able to do some configuration via a web browser or software, but your laptop is not a usable video output.. a TV should work just fine.

you need a mouse and a monitor to plug into the NVR..

alwayson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nayr thanks. Ok let me try that now.

alwayson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @nayr thank you. I managed to connect the television to the NVR, so that is a start. Now I need to read the manual and figure out how to configure everything :)

I will check back in with more questions! Thank you so much for being there.

theoxonian

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think lts has a quick install guide. If you need help I can call you tomorrow and walk you through easier than typing it out if I'm available.

Reaction score
Hi @nayr thank you. I managed to connect the television to the NVR, so that is a start. Now I need to read the manual and figure out how to configure everything :)

I will check back in with more questions! Thank you so much for being there.

theoxonian
Here's a complete guide on how to set up your Hikvision cameras and NVR, in addition to setting up the smartphone app, etc. It's super detailed. The only issue I had so far was that my NVR needed a reboot, after going through the Wizard, before it would detect any cameras.

http://forum.use-ip.co.uk/threads/tutorial-megathread-getting-started-with-your-hikvision-system.689/