Strange behaviour in image on DS-2CD2132-I

Saracen

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone explain the strange behaviour shown in this video ?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47000659/10.1.2.201_01_20160313181352963.mp4

It's most noticeable, to me, if you look at the line of bricks towards the bottom of the screen.

It looks as though spots of rain are falling and making the bricks darker, but then every 2 seconds or so it jumps back.

The weather is clear btw.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's the I-frame that you are seeing, refreshing the full image from the previous incremental changes, and showing up the accumulated difference.
Maybe the bit rate is set a bit low for best quality.
Maybe too much noise reduction in use.
And maybe have the i-frame interval at 1 second.

Saracen

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks for the explanation. I've had a play with the i-frame setting and can see how that affects the image quality.

It's still too poor in night vision mode so I think I'll ditch this dome and look to get a turret for this position instead.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The iframe is much more noticeable if your bit rate isn't high enough. What settings are you using? Put the 'smoothing' option to clear to reduce it as well, but the image may freeze slightly at the iframe interval.

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
turn your iframe interval up. yes in theory lower is better but for a 3mp camera an Iframe setting of 50 should be more than sufficient. Anything lower is truly not going to be noticeable and use allot more bandwith.