strange color issue

gsxr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all. First post not sure if this is the correct area for this kind of post so sorry in advance if it is not.

I have been having an issue with my astak ZNY10.22 i believe its called a mole. But as you can see with the image i attached the color is very very bad. I found on another forum that you can shake it from side to side gently to resenting the IR sensor i think. That works on occasion but i would say 90% of the time this is my video feed. Does anyone know how to fix an issue like this?

Thank you in advance for any help. It is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@gsxr Welcome to the forum!...that doesnt look like a stuck IR filter...You can try a firmware update if its available but I doubt it will resolve this issue...Those cameras are not reliable...

Last edited by a moderator:

gsxr

n3wb
Reaction score
@fenderman Thank you for the fast reply. I was worried about that answer. Is there anything I can do about the issue. I'm not really worried about taking the device apart or than the fact that i know 0 about cams lol. At any rate I luckily received the cam for free.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman Thank you for the fast reply. I was worried about that answer. Is there anything I can do about the issue. I'm not really worried about taking the device apart or than the fact that i know 0 about cams lol. At any rate I luckily received the cam for free.
Other than hitting it..i dont think so...time for a better quality camera :)

gsxr

n3wb
Reaction score
sounds good man i wont wast anymore time with this cam. Thanks alot

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My dad has one of these Astak CM-MOLE cams in his hunting cabin, but we never saw that problem. It was okay back when it was new, I don't know, 5 years ago or maybe longer. FYI that is not the effect of an IR filter problem. Looks more like the image sensor is faulty or there is a loose connection somewhere. Probably not uncommon with PTZs for a connection to loosen.

gsxr

n3wb
Reaction score
@bp2008 Thanks man. I might go ahead and take it apart anyways just to see if anything is out of wack. I'm a pc tech so i do know a decent amount about electronics just no specialized knowledge of cameras. At any rate like I said before i got it for free so I'm not really out anything but time. I realize it is a cheep cam though.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have had this happen for both reasons, stuck IR and bad sensors. Worth a shot to see if it is easy to fix but so far mine have been unfixable from a few brands when this has happened. Stuck IR I could get a temp fix, but it would return.