Strange looking burn like spot in my new IPC-T5442T-ZE

Reaction score
Hello Andy,
I'm hoping that there is an explanation for the burn like looking spot in my newly purchased IPC-T5442T-ZE. Also the lens is perfectly clean.

Thanks

20230607_220714.png

Reaction score
I take it no one has seen this strange spot before.

The only external lighting on is the distance lights in front, no floodlights are on.​
Its not as obvious during the day. I never noticed it, but on closer inspection and if you study a day time image closely you can see more blurriness and a brown tint where that spot is more obvious at night, see attached day time shot.​
I have also tried setting the camera back to factory defaults.​
Thanks to all for your thoughts on this.​
20230608_074740_cr2.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I take it no one has seen this strange spot before.

The only external lighting on is the distance lights in front, no floodlights are on.​
Its not as obvious during the day. I never noticed it, but on closer inspection and if you study a day time image closely you can see more blurriness and a brown tint where that spot is more obvious at night, see attached day time shot.​
I have also tried setting the camera back to factory defaults.​
Thanks to all for your thoughts on this.​
I take it you didn't try any of the suggestions.....

Reaction score
I take it you didn't try any of the suggestions.....
I inspected for condensation and scratches, I carefully cleaned the lens cover using a damp microfiber cloth. There are no flood lights on. I did change the camera focal length so the wall is not in the shot. I did not actually point the camera farther away from the wall but will give it a try.

I was initially so impressed with this camera that I ordered a second one and it was just delivered, I give it a try.

Thanks

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1. If the spot stays on the bush when you turn the camera, check the light near it. But it isn't the camera then.
2. In case the spot moves away from the bush when you turn the camera, it is likely the camera.
3. Hold a white tablecloth or bedsheet where the spot appears and post picture.

Reaction score
1. If the spot stays on the bush when you turn the camera, check the light near it. But it isn't the camera then.
2. In case the spot moves away from the bush when you turn the camera, it is likely the camera.
3. Hold a white tablecloth or bedsheet where the spot appears and post picture.
That makes perfect sense, I will move the camera and see.
Thanks

Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know that the strange burn spot from my new EmpireTec IPC-T5442T-ZE is now gone. Pointing the camera away from the wall did the trick. I do not know why this worked but it did, a refection of some sorts I suppose. Thanks again to all the offered help from especially both fenderman and Perimeter.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know that the strange burn spot from my new EmpireTec IPC-T5442T-ZE is now gone. Pointing the camera away from the wall did the trick. I do not know why this worked but it did, a refection of some sorts I suppose. Thanks again to all the offered help from especially both fenderman and Perimeter.
A tech support bill will be send to you from fenderman and Perimeter separately within 3 business day. Thank you! :D