Strange problem with Hikvision NVR

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have my shiny new Hikvision DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S all plugged in. I connected 4 or 5 cameras when it first arrived, making all the ethernet cables myself with shielded solid copper Cat5E cables. It worked nicely, although I didn't get round to setting up any alerts or acusense stuff etc. I just got them positioned right and the NVR monitors showed all cameras nicely, until the other day when I added two more cameras (brand new Hikvisions). Since then, the monitors on the NVR will only display ONE camera, showing "No Resource" for all the others. What makes this even more weird, is the fact that iVMS4200 on THREE computers works fine and displays all cameras! So the cameras are connected and working properly, it just seems to be a problem with the NVR where it thinks the cameras are not working.

This is a picture of the NVR monitor which is connected via HDMI and sitting next to it -
This is a picture of my computer screen running iVMS4200 at the same time -
Does anyone have any ideas please?

(I have tried rebooting the NVR, several times. No change)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What happens when you unplug those last 2 cameras ("brand new Hikvisions") and reboot?
BTW, you can upload images in your post, no need to post off-site; just use the drop-down in your post window named "insert image".

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You need to use the sub-stream for your multi-view. I think you just right-click in each panel to change it

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to use the sub-stream for your multi-view. I think you just right-click in each panel to change it
Not too sure what you mean there. I haven't had time to work through the system yet and get used to it. I can try selecting sub stream but not sure if that's the cause, do you have experience of this or are you just guessing to offer suggestions?

We have just tried to isolate the problem by unplugging all and plugging them in one at a time. As strange as this sounds, it appears to be ONE of the new cameras (Hik 8mp turret) but ONLY in ONE port (port 3). Go figure?! So if its plugged into another port, the problem goes away. But if any other camera is plugged into port 3, the problem doesn't arise either. Only when that camera is in port 3. Truth is stranger than fiction!

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi

There was a previous response on this,

Sounds like a stream issue on the channel. I assume that the other cameras are <8MP

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. All my cameras are 2mp or 4mp, except the two newest ones I just added which are 8mp. Will have a look at that thread, thanks

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting, the last part of that post says "For anyone interested in purchasing a Hikvision NVR who might be a little concerned, we currently like to recommend the newer -I(x) series of Hikvision NVRs as they have much greater hardware specifications which doesn't suffer from the above issue, and are geared up for up to 4K resolution recording."

That's not true. As I am finding this with a very new spec NXI NVR, and looks like I have the same problem.