Stubborn Camera

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dahua NVR and Annke Pan/Tilt camera.

It was connected and working fine, although it would occasionally disconnect. Pulling the camera's network cable and reconnecting would reset it and it would work fine again.

I wanted to swap the network cable at the NVR to another port and then the whole thing went to heck. It would not connect no matter what I did, even returning the network cable to its previous port.

So I factory reset the camera, used the SADP tool to turn on the ONVIF and still, months later and tweaking every setting I can find, still it looks like this (channel 2):

1706465406617.png

I've factory reset and SADP tooled the camera three times now. The password is set properly to the NVR password.

If I factory rest the NVR it'll mean tons of work resetting the motion settings on all the other cameras, with no guarantee the Annke camera will connect.

What am I missing here?

EDIT to add:

1706465882012.png

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for all the suggestions!

• I pulled the camera down and connected it to the NVR with a different cable - no change
  • Brought the camera inside, connected to the laptop, held the reset button for 10-12 seconds, and used the SADP tool to make sure the ONVIF was enabled, and connected it to the NVR - no change
  • I connected it to my laptop and used the Explorer based software and was able to get the picture, pan, and tilt properly. Reconnected to the NVR and no change.

Password is set and input everywhere it can be.

I'm out of ideas.

As an aside, the two other non-Dahua cameras (Hikvision I bought on the classified here) on the NVR are working OK, but the camera names will not stick. The NVR keeps changing them to "IPC" no matter how many times I change them back to "PORCH" or "GARAGE CENTER".

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Connector bad or camera bad it sounds like
Explain?

The camera worked perfectly connected to my laptop with the browser app.

Connecting it to my NVR using a different cat5 cable the software recognizes it, loads it to the bottom half of the window without any prompting from me, but remains red, and not connecting.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
  • I pulled the camera down and connected it to the NVR with a different cable - no change
  • Brought the camera inside, connected to the laptop, held the reset button for 10-12 seconds, and used the SADP tool to make sure the ONVIF was enabled, and connected it to the NVR - no change
  • I connected it to my laptop and used the Explorer based software and was able to get the picture, pan, and tilt properly. Reconnected to the NVR and no change.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like the camera or the connector attached to the pigtail of the camera