stuck.. Adding Stream links to blue iris..

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, trying to save a few bucks. I’ve posted earlier about upgrading to 30 cameras from our 20 that we currently have. We have some Dlink my cloud cameras. model - DCS 8010lh

After loads of research online I’ve found that theirs no username and password for the camera..
What im stuck at now is getting blue iris to see the feed. I’ve managed to access the camera and get some settings. and gives me the url stream links to view camera feed. when I type the ipaddress followed by the link, it starts to download the file..
I just can't get it to show feed the feed in blue iris...

any help.. attached are screenshots..

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the first screen shot?

Please screenshot this part where it shows you the URL.

I’ve managed to access the camera and get some settings. and gives me the url stream links to view camera feed.

Edit: Ok, so it looks like that IS the first screenshot. Well. Have you tried any of the DLink options in Blue Iris? There a bunch of them. Many are for MJPEG but there are a few that may pull H.264.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This is why I recommend using the built-in DLink configurations. It is excessively complicated setting up a camera manually now (as in your earlier screenshot), with redundant choices for port number and protocol and no obvious way to know what takes precedence.

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is why I recommend using the built-in DLink configurations. It is excessively complicated setting up a camera manually now (as in your earlier screenshot), with redundant choices for port number and protocol and no obvious way to know what takes precedence.
my camera model wasn't listed in the dropdown... but I will give it ago....

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Choose similar models. Often, cameras from the same manufacturer share the same URLs.

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Choose similar models. Often, cameras from the same manufacturer share the same URLs.
yeahhh.. I did that initially. didnt work.. just went thru all the Dlink presets.. none of them work.

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
soooo still working on this. I have 2 different types of Dlink cameras. The other camera I gave up on.. Now im trying to figure out how to add this to blue iris. I can get the jpeg stream to work but the quality is crappy. can only max out at 640x320 and 5fps. where as the other h.264 profile is 1280 and 30fps. I just can't get the stream to load in blue iris although I got it to load in VLC...
This is what I used..
http://admin:p1gD6Y1y@10.1.10.118/video/flv.cgi

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This also works... in VLC player..
RTSP://10.1.10.118/play1.sdp

but I just can't get anything to load in Blue Iris