Stuck in Hikvision hell. RCA HSDB1.

Reaction score
Hey folks. I'm in a bad place with this thing.

First, it all worked fine as an RCA doorbell using the RCA app. Then I got ambitious. I flashed a different firmware for ONVIF support a few years back but I can't remember which one (The web login page is HikVision). Everything was good. Then RCA broke the app and probably won't ever fix it. After their last app update you can't use fingerprint logins (broken) and it rarely rings the phone now. So it's useless as a video doorbell. Mainly, I need this to act like a doorbell so i wanted to try a different firmware and app to get this functionality back. Except I cannot for anything find the password for this thing now. Which means I can't do anything with configuring it or reflashing it. I know all the current guides say not to change the password but that info wasn't brought to light at the time I did all this so I may very well have changed it. Why I don't have it in my passwords file is beyond me.

I tried my usual suspects and none of them work. I tried the reset tool and THAT isn't working. I entered the correct date shown and the device serial. I'm a little lost here. is there anyway to brute force this thing back into a default firmware to start over? Thanks!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey folks. I'm in a bad place with this thing.

First, it all worked fine as an RCA doorbell using the RCA app. Then I got ambitious. I flashed a different firmware for ONVIF support a few years back but I can't remember which one (The web login page is HikVision). Everything was good. Then RCA broke the app and probably won't ever fix it. After their last app update you can't use fingerprint logins (broken) and it rarely rings the phone now. So it's useless as a video doorbell. Mainly, I need this to act like a doorbell so i wanted to try a different firmware and app to get this functionality back. Except I cannot for anything find the password for this thing now. Which means I can't do anything with configuring it or reflashing it. I know all the current guides say not to change the password but that info wasn't brought to light at the time I did all this so I may very well have changed it. Why I don't have it in my passwords file is beyond me.

I tried my usual suspects and none of them work. I tried the reset tool and THAT isn't working. I entered the correct date shown and the device serial. I'm a little lost here. is there anyway to brute force this thing back into a default firmware to start over? Thanks!
Your Doorbell has a battery that keeps the settings alive. If it were me, I would pull power from the Doorbell, min. 24 hours but could go 48, to make sure no settings are saved. I would remove the Doorbell from the App. Basically you are wanting to get the Doorbell back to where you first bought it. The password for the Doorbell is on the back of the Doorbell...Make note of it...

Just to make sure we are on the same page, you are referring to the username/password for the Doorbell right, not the Username and Password for Batch Config. Tool, which is different and is assigned by you. The username is admin and password (Verification Code) is on the back of the Doorbell.

Also you may want to flash the firmware back to RCA's for the Reset you will be doing after battery drain...The only one I have for RCA is 190124

There are two files, the _I is for International, outside the U.S.

1718135061509.png

You could also try EZVIZ App, but you will need to remove the Doorbell from the RCA App first.

As I warn all, there is always a chance in bricking when playing with different firmwares...

HTH

Attachments

Reaction score
Just to make sure we are on the same page, you are referring to the username/password for the Doorbell right, not the Username and Password for Batch Config. Tool, which is different and is assigned by you. The username is admin and password (Verification Code) is on the back of the Doorbell.
User/pass for the product itself. I have the info from the QR code. The web admin won't accept any of it for a login. I tried admin/VC. No dice. This either changed with the firmware flash or it changed by my own doing somehow. I can view it from the EZVIZ app. Which is weird to me because that used the QR code. What is different here? Is there a different password for admin logins via the web portal than the apps? Is it port dependent?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
User/pass for the product itself. I have the info from the QR code. The web admin won't accept any of it for a login. I tried admin/VC. No dice. This either changed with the firmware flash or it changed by my own doing somehow. I can view it from the EZVIZ app. Which is weird to me because that used the QR code. What is different here? Is there a different password for admin logins via the web portal than the apps? Is it port dependent?
There is no Web access with this Doorbell. That is HTTP support. QR Code is used to point to a web address to App install. To get your original password you have to remove the Doorbell and it will be on the back. It is normally 6 capital characters/letters ex. ABCDEF But this can be changed in the Hikvision software, Batch Config Tool, but not recommended...
You can use several different Apps to access your Doorbell. I had the LaView version of the Hikvision Doorbell, I used their two Apps and EZVIZ, Guarding Vision, even IVMS-4500 Hikvision even has their own App but it is not in the Apple/Android stores...

We have more info on the in our Doorbell 101

Reaction score
To get your original password you have to remove the Doorbell and it will be on the back. It is normally 6 capital characters/letters ex. ABCDEF But this can be changed in the Hikvision software, Batch Config Tool, but not recommended...
Yes, Mine is not on the back but the front behind the cover. it is included inside the QR as well as printed. I have this. None of the apps used here for flashing will allow me to add the camera to even begin working on a reflash because that password is not working. What i've been trying to convey is that this may have changed and the password reset process keeps telling me the camera denied the reset. If I can't add this device to any maintenance apps, I cannot work on it. Even worse, none of the reset processes will allow me to only use a 6 digit capital password so it's definitely not going back to the original one. At least not by my hand.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, Mine is not on the back but the front behind the cover. it is included inside the QR as well as printed. I have this. None of the apps used here for flashing will allow me to add the camera to even begin working on a reflash because that password is not working. What i've been trying to convey is that this may have changed and the password reset process keeps telling me the camera denied the reset. If I can't add this device to any maintenance apps, I cannot work on it. Even worse, none of the reset processes will allow me to only use a 6 digit capital password so it's definitely not going back to the original one. At least not by my hand.
I would then just power off for a couple of days and see if it resets back to original password...