Stuttering / pauzes in video stream with all Hikvision cams

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same ''jumping'' problem on 28 camera's connected to a 7732N-E4 NVR. All on 1080p resolution. Changing the smoothing didnt work.
Sometimes it jumps like 8 seconds. And its same in the playback. Someone enters the room, and suddenly dissapears. I need help. What steps i could do to come close to the solution?

denno201

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I have the same issue with my DS-7604NI-E1. I have 4 Hikvision cameras; 1x 3MP and 3x 4MP. they all skip during live view and recorded playback! I have tried various frame rates, bit rates, and nothing seems to help. I am totally new to NVR's and am at a loss. I will need to research what the hell iframe is and see what it does.
Should it really be this hard? I would have thought sticking with the one brand would have been a true 'plug and play' setup....

rcman

n3wb
Reaction score
I have issues with the stuttering in live view and in playback. It appears to have something to do with de network connection to SMB. When I disable the NAS configuration in the Hikvision, the livepreview is just fine. When I enable the NAS configuration again the stuttering is back. Any ideas?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have issues with the stuttering in live view and in playback. It appears to have something to do with de network connection to SMB. When I disable the NAS configuration in the Hikvision, the livepreview is just fine. When I enable the NAS configuration again the stuttering is back. Any ideas?
For me when I had the stuttering I ensure things were 60hz not 50hz and used the HTTP feed not mpeg of the RTSP feed and now things are smooth.

Reaction score
For me when I had the stuttering I ensure things were 60hz not 50hz and used the HTTP feed not mpeg of the RTSP feed and now things are smooth.
Its taken me over a year to solve my iframe interval stutter but it was unchecking the shortest delay tick box (ticking auto) in 'live view performance' in 'configuration' that gave me smooth video at any bitrate. :) Finally!

Reaction score
I was having a hard time figuring out why my video recordings and playback were pausing every 7-10 seconds. What finally solved it for me is turning off the pre-trigger video buffer in the record playback section of the settings. Once I unchecked that box things went back to normal. You have to do this for each camera. Hope this helps someone else out there. Took me 2 months to finally figure this out.

abatt

n3wb
Reaction score
I was having a hard time figuring out why my video recordings and playback were pausing every 7-10 seconds. What finally solved it for me is turning off the pre-trigger video buffer in the record playback section of the settings. Once I unchecked that box things went back to normal. You have to do this for each camera. Hope this helps someone else out there. Took me 2 months to finally figure this out.
Where is this "pre-trigger video buffer" ? Could you post some screenshots , please :) ?