Suggestion for cheap cam?

CableCraig

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m using a Camect system (so far so good) and have some high end “Loryta” bullet cams in a few places but I want something cheap to throw in some places I just want motion detection, like near the package drop off box at the end of my driveway. Night vision would be great but it’s not absolutely necessary. I just want to see when a package goes in the box and get an alert.

What do you guys like that’s a good bang for the buck? I can wire it PoE no problem.

Craig

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m using a Camect system (so far so good) and have some high end “Loryta” bullet cams in a few places but I want something cheap to throw in some places I just want motion detection, like near the package drop off box at the end of my driveway. Night vision would be great but it’s not absolutely necessary. I just want to see when a package goes in the box and get an alert.

What do you guys like that’s a good bang for the buck? I can wire it PoE no problem.

Craig
If you just want motion detection and alert get the ring mailbox sensor. Ring Mailbox Sensor | Alarm Sensors & Alerts

CableCraig

n3wb
Reaction score
Great idea. But, I’d like to see what’s going on more that simply notification. For instance, was it a delivery driver or someone stealing a package?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Cheap? $79.99 Cheaper? $49.99 Im getting decent motion detection on both of these. have 3 of the Amcrest. 1 of the loryta. Loryta is outside catching cars coming into lot and walking traffic.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
36mm version of the same Amcrest here. Better I think for most purposes.

Code W44CKUSN takes $15 off of the price of the 3.6mm or $5 off the 2.8mm so $45+tax for either.

Not great cams but they're OK cams for not much money.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

CableCraig

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks y’all! I just ordered them ALL and I’ll see which one I like and return the others. Thanks a lot of got the coupon! It saved me strange amounts like $9.10 and $2.05 or something like that but I’ll take it!