Suggestions for motion detection not recording all motion

badcrc

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 HD wired ip cams (amcrest) and 1 960p wired ip cam outside. I have one camera recording the mailbox/gate area, one camera recording the middle of the driveway, and one camera in front of the house. For the most part everything works great, but I consistently get partial motion clips. For example yesterday someone drove down the driveway in a truck, but the 960p camera in the middle of the driveway only recorded the truck leaving, not coming in. Just now I checked the alerts and the HD camera in front of the house recorded a person going into the house after they were mostly across the screen already, but it didn't record them leaving the house or anything before they were headed back into the house. I have another WIFI HD IP camera in the living room and it didn't record the person leaving the house either, but it did record motion before that and stopped before the person exited the house.

Sometimes I want to look back at something and the clip ends before I get to see what happened. I have object size between 250-350 but the gray square representation looks pretty small so I'm not sure if that's accurate or what. I have break time set to 30 seconds. On all the cameras I've been steadily decreasing the sliders for object size, travel pixels, contrast, and make time, and steadily increasing break time now to 30 seconds, but it doesn't seem to be helping the cut off clips. Just now I set all the cameras to object size 150, contrast 25, travel pixels 100, make time 2 seconds. I'll see if that fixes anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.