Suggestions for POE indoor cameras

Farmer D

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 Amcrest ProHD Wifi cameras that I use sporadically as baby monitors. For the price, it has everything I want: Pan/Tilt, Night vision, 2-way audio, SD slot. I'm thinking of buying either the POE conversion kit for these cams or buy the POE version for a more permanent install.

While I never had any issues with my Amcrest cameras, I have heard quality assurance on these cameras is pretty spotty. Should I go all in with Amcrest or are there better alternatives that have the same specs (Pan/Tilt, night vision, 2-way audio)?

Thanks all for your input!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
While it doesn't have pan/tilt, the Annke I61DR is an excellent indoor IP camera that has POE built in. It's a Hikvision 2 megapixel camera that's been re-branded by Annke, and at $49 each, you can get two for the price of many inferior cameras.

Tuckerdude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Farmer D,

I have the POE version of Amcrest and they are pretty decent and reliable (in my experience). Picture quality is decent both night and day, and integrates well with Blue Iris (not sure if you are using it). One thing of note...these camera are primarily designed to sit on a shelf or desktop. The issue here is that the "Tilt" capabilities are a bit limited in that the camera cannot look down very well because it will not tilt past the "zero" degree viewing angle. This is not just a limitation with Amcrest, but rather most of these desktop style camera in this price point. I am still looking for a similar form factor that goes to -5 or even -10 degrees down-angle so that I can have the camera point at the floor (if necessary).

Hope this helps!