Suggestions for replacing older HikVision DS-2CD2332-I turret cameras

Reaction score
Greetings,

I need to replace six (6) HikVision DS-2CD2332-I turret cameras (2.8mm Lenses). I'm looking for something with a similar/same footprint and features that won't break the bank. I really like the EXIR illuminator on these turret cameras, but it's not a deal breaker. I also don't need any of the newer AI features, such as Human, car, etc.. recognition as these cameras feed Sighthound/SecuritySpy for processing and storage. I also don't need a substantial increase in resolution. My current cameras are 3MP, so I think 4MP or 5MP would be fine. I'm also dealing with a relatively confined space with shorter distances (typically under 20-25 feet) so I'm not sure a variable focus camera is worth the extra expense.

Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Is this a re-branded Dahua IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE?

It's been a decade or so since I shopped for IP cameras and it seems like a lot has changed in that time. I find it terribly annoying that camera manufacturers have focused on new "AI features" instead of better sensors and lenses.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it is a rebranded Dahua 5442.

It has a new chipset in that basically makes it like a new camera model.

There are indeed newer cameras with bigger sensors like the 4K series with 1/1.2" sensors and what not, but many still find the 5442 series, especially now with the newer chipset, to still be the best overall camera.