Sunba Illuminati Auto tracking.

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this camera set up on my Hikvision NVR. I am un sure how to program in or set up the auto tracking on the NVR,
According to SUNBA, it can be set up via a WEB interface or via the NVR but not both. I would prefer to use the NVR. Ne instructions for the NVR are very rudimentary.
If you know of a Youtube or other thread I should read for doing this please let me know. This is to be set up to track the various animals that track through my yard.

PLEASE keep your remarks about getting some other camera to yourself. This is what I have to work with.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More than likely you will not be able to do it in the NVR since they are not the same brand. Even with same brand cameras and NVRs, most on this site will go into the camera GUI to set anything up. A lot of times problems pop up between the NVR and the camera trying to set something up from within the NVR, so within the camera yourself it the best bet.

Keep in mind that the NVR is basically a recording device - the NVR simply starts recording based on motion, but the actual autotrack is performed and done by the camera.

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes this is also what I had thought,
I will email Sunba again and have them clarify this. Also have to figure out how to stop the camera from talking when it see motion.

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually figured out where to do it in the NVR, WEB interface
SUNBA swears their cameras are compatible with Hikvision. Just not sure if I set it up correctly. To cold and dark out to check right now.

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got her all working.... I like the line/perimeter tracking, camera also has several tracking modes where it will pretty much track anything in the current FOV.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Illuminati internals are, but the rest are not unless it changed recently. Folks I know that have bought said the user interface is Sunba, but the internal software workings are Hik.

My older Sunba is clearly not a Hik.

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree. I have a SUNBA 507 20X and the interface is way different from the Illuminati
The Illuminati is very similar to a HIK camera I have seen.

Reaction score
Are you willing to share how you finally achieved the performance. I'm looking for a PTZ for my rear garden that will patrol and track and zoom in on people or animals.
I appear to have a neighbour or two who think its acceptable to wander about my property retrieving their 'lost dog'. My current 2mp Dahua fixed setup picks them up but does not provide enough detail

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Techno....
I am still dialing in the performance. I am having an issue with the exhaust from my furnace tripping up the camera. The IR lights really illuminate the exhaust, even though not visible to the naked eye,
The camera will track my small dog, but often looses her. Sunba has been very responsive in returning my emails and answering questions. I know there is a firmware release due out this month, and I have discussed a few other changes with them (Zoom level on the OSD) Id like to see a time to track (how long should it track an object) time to return if object lost. Will see where I get with those.
But, Sunba is talking with me,

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have always found Sunba to be very responsive. Sometimes they can help and sometimes it is something they cannot fix, but they certainly try everything to fix it. They are very willing to send out a part if you are comfortable taking the unit apart to replace a component if they determine that is the issue.

They still have some bugs to work out on this unit based on others I have talked to, but once they do, it will be a serious contender being HIK hardware at this price.