Sunrise Utility not working

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using windows 10 machine with BI my firewall is turned off.

Set the utility up installed service.
Tested using the buttons in the utility to test which switches fine.

once left to do its thing it doesn't switch the profiles

what am I doing wrong.

in windows services it is showing as running with automatic startup

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also I've tried using the full time profile to see if that helps but still a no go

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Are you able to get results when you click the Get Current Zoom/Focus button for any camera you have configured?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you able to get results when you click the Get Current Zoom/Focus button for any camera you have configured?
Yes I am

Once configured when I click to get figures it correct it shows the zoom and focus numbers.

It also correctly switches when I click the simulate buttons.

The problem seems to be after it's closed from the gui the service although running which I've checked in the task manager it doesn't seem to switch.

I've turned my firewall and security off on Windows to make sure that wasn't causing an issue either.

I'm rather stumped

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Look in the event logs and see if it's even trying to turn the lights on and off.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Event log in windows will show when it turns on and off.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Click on the "View Rise/set" button and double check the resuts are correct.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
just looked in the event logs and the service isn't logged so looks like its not even attempting to switch the profiles.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ive also noticed that in the 1.6 version which is the only version I have tried so far, there is a sunrise and sunset profile. But they are greyed out and blank which I cannot enter anything in.

I have looked at the readme etc. but can somebody describe the exact process of setting it up with the current versions as all I can find myself are for the older versions which were more basic

also do you need to leave the utility itself open after it has been installed as a service.
Reason I ask this is because whenever I close the utility after installing it as a service when I go back into the utility all my cameras have disappeared as if I haven't set anything up

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
ive also noticed that in the 1.6 version which is the only version I have tried so far, there is a sunrise and sunset profile. But they are greyed out and blank which I cannot enter anything in.

I have looked at the readme etc. but can somebody describe the exact process of setting it up with the current versions as all I can find myself are for the older versions which were more basic

also do you need to leave the utility itself open after it has been installed as a service.
Reason I ask this is because whenever I close the utility after installing it as a service when I go back into the utility all my cameras have disappeared as if I haven't set anything up
I'm running v1.4.0 and have no experience with v1.6.0. I configured everything and the service runs without the utility open. On occasion, the service wouldn't start automatically after a reboot but I was able to change a registry setting to get that fixed early on.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You do have Profile Management set to "Full Time" correct?
I do yes

Just to clarify in doing this correctly
There is no save button in the utility when you add or edit cameras so once you have added them you just click the cross correct?

What seems to be happening with mine is that anything I input eg camera 1 it is not sticking and if I ever go back into the utility it is not showing as having any cameras setup or anything

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I do yes

Just to clarify in doing this correctly
There is no save button in the utility when you add or edit cameras so once you have added them you just click the cross correct?

What seems to be happening with mine is that anything I input eg camera 1 it is not sticking and if I ever go back into the utility it is not showing as having any cameras setup or anything
Correct, there isn't a save button. You should have a .cfg file in the root folder for the app. Do you see it there? File name should be DahuaSunriseSunsetConfig and it contains all of your cameras and config info.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Correct, there isn't a save button. You should have a .cfg file in the root folder for the app. Do you see it there? File name should be DahuaSunriseSunsetConfig and it contains all of your cameras and config info.
I'll have a look now and see if it contains the info and report back.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
ive checked the location and the cfg file is just blank
I think that might be the issue. It's not saving your cameras and settings like it should. I would check permissions on that file and make sure the accounts have read/write access. Or, you could just delete that file and then Stop/Start the service and see if the permissions are reset correctly when it recreates it. Without the config file having your camera and settings info, it can't make the Day/Night changes at the scheduled times.

Last edited:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think that might be the issue. It's not saving your cameras and settings like it should. I would check permissions on that file and make sure the accounts have read/write access. Or, you could just delete that file and then Stop/Start the service and see if the permissions are reset correctly when it recreates it. Without the config file having your camera and settings info, it can't make the Day/Night changes at the scheduled times.
I've actually uninstalled ste service itself and downloaded v 1.4.1 and I think the settings have stuck as they now show in the CFG file.

So not sure if the issue is with v 1.6 or something I did.

But I didnt do anything differently so am unsure.

I'll not know for sure that the have stuck until the morning though