Super Bowl!

jpc-s4

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same but Joe Namath
I've been to one professional football game in my life and that's all I could take. It's just funny watching the players stand around while the humans are watching commercials at home and then all of a sudden after the commercials the game resumes.

That game I went to? Len Dawson (Kansas City Chiefs) vs. none other than Joe Namath (New York Jets) when I was going to high school in Overland Park, Kansas way too many decades ago.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been to one professional football game in my life and that's all I could take. It's just funny watching the players stand around while the humans are watching commercials at home and then all of a sudden after the commercials the game resumes.

That game I went to? Len Dawson (Kansas City Chiefs) vs. none other than Joe Namath (New York Jets) when I was going to high school in Overland Park, Kansas way too many decades ago.
So it’s actually StevenfromKansas?! OP, the land of CCTV! Between OP and Leawood makes up 50% of my business, heading down there shortly to troubleshoot a microwave.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Small world. I climbed telephone poles for ATT in 1978-1980 out of Paola/Ottawa.

FLAT! On a clear day atop of a pole, you could see your own ass if you squinted hard

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So it’s actually StevenfromKansas?! OP, the land of CCTV! Between OP and Leawood makes up 50% of my business, heading down there shortly to troubleshoot a microwave.
Yeah, I was born in Wellington, Kansas, but have lived most of my life in Lubbock, Texas. I sure enjoyed the four years I lived in Overland Park and graduating from Shawnee Mission West High School. :)

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, I was born in Wellington, Kansas, but have lived most of my life in Lubbock, Texas. I sure enjoyed the four years I lived in Overland Park and graduating from Shawnee Mission West High School. :)
If you haven’t been back you probably wouldn’t recognize Johnson county now.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Small world. I climbed telephone poles for ATT in 1978-1980 out of Paola/Ottawa.

FLAT! On a clear day atop of a pole, you could see your own ass if you squinted hard
Yes it is; I climbed poles from Bonita springs to Miami to Daytona in the 90’s!

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

This Super Bowl topic sure got derailed. :oops:

I'm in this picture (far right as you're looking at the picture, third person up and the tall man at the far upper right is just above me) taken in Dallas, Texas after I escaped from the inside at AT&T in 2007 and passed pole climbing. I was by far the oldest student. Only the trainers were older.

AT&T pole climbing class picture -- 10-02-07.jpg

Last edited:

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This Super Bowl topic sure got derailed. :oops:

I'm in this picture (far right, third person up) taken in Dallas, Texas after I escaped from the inside at AT&T in 2007 and passed pole climbing. I was by far the oldest student. Only the trainers were older.

View attachment 187449
Wow! I was always contract, the red headed step children. We didn’t get formal training, just threw us in the dep end and see if we came back. I don’t see many guys gaffing anymore.

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow! I was always contract, the red headed step children. We didn’t get formal training, just threw us in the dep end and see if we came back. I don’t see many guys gaffing anymore.
I only saw two very young people climb the poles the whole time I was on the outside before retiring in 2016. Those young punks just did it to show off. :screwy: