Super Moon - SD59430U-HNI

duranged2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tonight I recorded video of the "Super Moon" rising in Laurel Springs, NC. This is one video that you don't have to wait for the exciting part, so feel free to fast forward.

This is my first posted capture since installing our new camera. I'm going to post pictures from the installation as soon as I can break away from playing with the awesome thing.

Enjoy.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
very niiice; I tried to get the moon with my Black Face PTZ but the trees were in the way and it could not look up high enough over horizon to see when it broke past the trees.. what exposure settings were you running at?

you'll never stop playing with it heh; Im about as bad as my dogs.. ooh Squirrel!

duranged2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. Man, i played for 10 minutes trying to get it to expose and focus right. I'll post the settings tommorow. I took screen grabs, but they're on my pc.

Later.

duranged2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here are the settings that I tweaked enough to make me happy with the image. I'm familiar with photography, but not video. So, I just stepped through all of the adjustment settings I could find, and fiddled. I hope to learn more about the technical aspects of video tuning, but for now, I just click and observe the image.

wb.jpg
exposure.jpg
backlight.jpg
daynight.jpg
focuszoom.jpg picture.jpg
mainstream.jpg