Support for MP4 HTTP Stream

snowzach

n3wb
Reaction score
My cameras only really support 1 stream and I want to create a pre-processor that will capture the streams and allow muxing them out. I don't want to use BlueIris for this because it forces me to configure it as basic auth.

I am using a simple tool now that reads the RTSP stream and does this. You connect and issue an HTTP GET and it spits out a ContentType: video/mp4 MP4 container with the h264 video inside untouched. I can put the URL directly in my browser or VLC and it works fine.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to configure BI to receive/process this stream in this format. Any ideas? I have tried just about every combination I can think of.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If it is live streaming MP4, then it is probably using MPEG-DASH or something as the streaming protocol. I don't think Blue Iris supports this.

If you can get your tool to output an HLS stream instead, Blue Iris does have support for that under the "Generic/ONVIF" category.

1572278750314.png

Better still if you can have it re-stream the RTSP directly, as this will require the least amount of processing and will not add significant delay, whereas HLS would impose delay.