Surely it is not that difficult - NVR operation

Steve Bowman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hold the phone!

Dont know if it was me swearing at it or if I accidentally hit the right button, but I'm getting email alerts to my phone form that HOA NVR for "Tripwire" all of a sudden.

Unfortunately the Day Job is getting in the way of further investigation today and I have dinner with my boss and his boss so may be tomorrow before I can get back to it. Apparently that model does do IVS, though i think the camera has to be IVS compliant as well...
Great news.
Might get to spend a little time on it tomorrow.

Thanks!

Steve Bowman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes and yes. And does work with h265.
I just went to the camera web brouser and checked. Unfortunately, it says I need a plugin for the video(which won't load, but that's another problem). Anyway, I can still check some of the settings without it. My encoding is set to 264H and I do see the IVS rules I created before. I guess I expected those rules to not be there at the camera. Thinking the camera and NVR have seperate setups, base on some of the conversations I had read.

Anyway, could it be as simple as changing the encoding? I will try.

Edit: Hold the phone! The send email box is not selected on the camera setup screen. Maybe....

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
264H should work with IVS

Wish I could say I knew what I did to get it working...

Steve Bowman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Me too. :D

well, I thought I might have stumbled on the fix when it was mentioned that IVS needs to be setup in the camera, in addition to, or instead of the NVR.

So, I tried, but no luck yet. The IVS rules from my NVR where already present in the camera web interface. However... the email was not selected and setup was not set. Hoping that would solve the problem, I input all of the same info I have in the NVR email setup. But when I select test, no email is sent. I suspect that is due to the separate subnet that the cameras are on, and then cannot get to the internet directly.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Correct I think on the email. That will need to come from the NVR

Have ya tried a good old fashioned reboot?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I joined the thread late, so maybe this hunch was mentioned already.
The "Period" in the "parameters config" box (in your image) must be set up.
"Period" defines what time periods of the day for IVS to be active.

Good luck,
Fastb

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Was just going to say it looks fine, but even though the Period box showed 24hr full time when I first opened it, I went back and saved it and that may be what triggered things to work.?