Surprised so many people are OK with WPA2-PSK

Teeauu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could try some Ethernet over power line adapters. Powerline networking. That way you get hardwired reliability without running new cat5 cables.
I tried TP-Link power line adapters and had a lot of problems with them. I have no problems with my current setup.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tried them once before as well, many years ago. Also didn't have the best luck but I'm sure they've come a long way in the last decade.

Teeauu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried them once before as well, many years ago. Also didn't have the best luck but I'm sure they've come a long way in the last decade.
I tried them as recently as a year ago, really no better.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could try some Ethernet over power line adapters. Powerline networking. That way you get hardwired reliability without running new cat5 cables.
Not true. Unfortunately, they have the same poor reliability as 2.4 GHz WiFi, not the same as hardwired. Because they use the same principle as WiFi, over a different media.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are no known vulnerabilities to wpa2-psk, krack was patched. If you ware paranoid, you can always use a wifi bridge that supports the protocol you want. This will give you the added benefit of allowing you to use a much better camera than those that currently support wifi and have a much more stable connection.
I am trying to setup a wifi camera. With a wifi bridge can this be done while still using it behind a dual NIC - will this give me a better range too? setup here:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
No ones really thought about LTE and its security :confused: