Surrounded

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We observed this kid on our customer's lot before Christmas. In the original video he took his time and we were having a hard time keeping up with him because he kept taking long breaks off camera. We knew he was on the property and were trying to keep up with him, but lost him when he entered the van, which we did not catch live. He was in the van for almost 3 hours. Once he came out of the van, we notified the local sheriff's office and had them respond. The kid was able to round up about $4000 in professional tools and a diagnostic computer with about $10,000 in software installed on it. While we were on the phone with dispatch, they let us know that there were quite a few units on site that had set up a perimeter, but hadn't entered the property yet, so we knew this was going to be a fun one. The subject went to jump the fence in the back of the lot and was confronted by at least one officer. He took off and ran to the other side of the lot where there were several other officers. The subject then ran to the rear of the lot and jumped the fence where he was apprehended just out of camera view.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good stuff as usual, @bababouy ....

Word to would be thieves...don't wear sneakers with reflective stripes! You can notice them at 5:07 when first encountering LEO, the cam's IR shows them well, as I'm sure regular light does too. He can sure run better after dumping the backpack and the orange diagnostic equipment case.

I'll be LEO would like to have had a K9 with them.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
what would he have been doing in the van for 3 hours? taking a nap? jeez...

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If it were my van, I would certainly give it a GOOD cleaning and sanitizing now. Probably have someone else do it too.

Wayne

Reaction score
BTW, great editing on your videos, @bababouy. The integrated narrative really tells the story, and probably comes in very handy for the police and prosecutor. It's hard to argue "it wasn't me" with a video record like that.

And of course, it's always useful when perps have very distinctive clothing and hairstyles that make them stand out. Oh, the price of being stylish. :)

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
The detective interrogated this guy after he was apprehended and he told the detective that he was sleeping for a few hours. We actually lost him and didn't see him enter the van. Our system was alerting us to someone being on the property and our guys were busy going through 80 cameras to try and figure out which direction he went, and he actually didn't go in any direction. Our guys sat and waited for him to pop out somewhere.