Surveillance Station compatible cameras

dt-cam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
has anyone on here had success with adding a dedicated LPR camera to surveillance station?

i'm working with someone who currently has a synology running surveillance station and are curious about LPR cameras. since there are existing cameras connected to the synology, they don't really want to mess with a new system at this time. i don't see a way to search for LPR, specifically, on synology's ip camera compatibility page.

Reaction score
I'm eager to know this as well. I keep getting disappointed when I check the Synology support cameras list and the License plate capture cameras people here are saying to buy are not on it. I have a Synology NAS rack station in the server room at work and my boss former boss connected all the cameras to surveillance station so that's what I'm using. I would like to buy the IPC-HFW5231E-Z5E. At least it's on the list, but I can't get myself to order it from these shady looking websites. I'm using a company credit card.

Does your customer have to have an LPR camera? For my business a License Plate Capture camera is enough.

dt-cam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm eager to know this as well. I keep getting disappointed when I check the Synology support cameras list and the License plate capture cameras people here are saying to buy are not on it. I have a Synology NAS rack station in the server room at work and my boss former boss connected all the cameras to surveillance station so that's what I'm using. I would like to buy the IPC-HFW5231E-Z5E. At least it's on the list, but I can't get myself to order it from these shady looking websites. I'm using a company credit card.

Does your customer have to have an LPR camera? For my business a License Plate Capture camera is enough.
i'd like to see the surveillance station compatibility page list out specifics, for example, LPR compatible/analytics compatible/etc.

it seems that some cameras are able to send certain detections from the camera web gui to surveillance station, but not all. the challenge is that i'm not sure which cameras have those additional analytics that work with surveillance station.

right now i have no specifics for LPR. if i were implementing this for some type of business requirement, i would not be using synology surveillance station. not that the LPR isn't good in SS, but it isn't the best option for a business, imo. for example, surveillance station currently has a bug with LPR it doesn't work properly. support knows about it and could not give me a date as to when it would be fixed.

for that reason alone, surveillance station isn't ready for business/commercial use IF LPR is something you absolutely need or rely on.