Suspicious Man

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A suspicious man came to my house today, he got really close to my front door and looked through the glass window I assume to see if there were any valuables or if anyone is home. When I answered the door through my doorbell app he was startled and pretended like he was trying to sell something but it was obvious he was not.

Attachments

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe you need to put a bucket of water above the door for times like this. :p

We had kids jumping the back fence at my folks place to cut through the neighborhood.
So we found a motion sensor that turned on a sprinkler used to scare deer off, it worked great on kids at 40 deg.

Podagrower

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't know. Car in drive and shoes by the door tells me somebody is home. Might be looking in to see if you were hiding and pretending to not be home. On the other hand, pretending to be on the phone could be a distraction technique. Do you have enough camera to see if he went to your neighbor's houses?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, they have upped their game. Had someone come thru my neighborhood last month carrying something similar.

Skipped my house - saw cameras. Skipped neighbors - saw cameras.

Talked to a neighbor 4 houses down and she said it was a fundraiser.

Neighbor started questioning her as solicitors need to register here and she was like "my father lives back here, so I'm cool" and the neighbor was like "who is it I know everyone back here" and then she walks away.

Neighbor pulls out cell phone and calls the police. She hears this so she turns around and starts walking to where she came from so he follows her. She goes around the corner to a public parking lot she parked in and jumps in her pickup that had lots of lawn mowers and stuff in it and takes off smoking the tires. Neighbor is able to get plates and they are out of state plates and relays information to the police.

A police officer was nearby and saw the vehicle and pulled her over. She changed her story every time she was questioned. Her fundraiser was a non-existent group.

At the end of the day, the police couldn't do anything as the only crime was violating the no-soliciting "law", even though they were sure she was up to no good and the stuff in the truck was stolen. They took all her info in case anyone reported anything stolen.

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've always wanted to put a camera at my front door at eye level to catch the bad guys face but the Ring Pro is not that bad. Of course its not as good as a real IP camera but I like how its small and it does the job. You can clearly identify the perp especially if he didnt have a mask on.

Supposedly its 1080P but it clearly is not, after the video is compressed and uploaded to the cloud it looses the quality.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
i agree, up to something. The ring cameras serve their purpose, for informing when someone is at the door and a good close up of face identification at the door.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score